Timer for dog door

**1) I currently have to automatic dog door that are controlled by an IR sensor on the dogs collars. Unfortunately despite extensive fine tuning we end up with either the door going up and down every 5 seconds or the dogs not being able to go out at all. So what I was thinking was plug the dog door into a controllable switch (aeotec) and create a program where the switch only is hot say every 2 minutes out of 10. if the dogs want in or out they will wait by the dog but it might help with the inadvertent cycling

2) What is the expected behavior?
dog door has power only during a small period of time

3) What is happening/not happening?
I’m not even close to understanding how to program this

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![
See above

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
See above

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Opening the door at a set time, for a set time, may be more practical for your situation. There are many ways to do this. I can offer a very basic suggestion for a starting point.

Every 15 minutes
  Do
    Open Dog Door
    Wait 2 minutes
    Close dog door
End Every

You can add several things to this, including time restrictions. You can only have it happen during daylight hours, only every two hours, only at night…

If you honestly believe you have covered all angles here, the next step I would take would be to try another device handler… You original goal sounds very possible to me…

Are you already controlling the door with webcore?? or the unit has it’s own fine tuning?
Smart outlet and a single multi sensor would do what ever you want with that door.

The door is controlled by its own IR receiver and a transmitter on the dog’s collar.

Thank Pantheon, that’s exactly what I was looking for.