Trying to edit a DTH for webCoRE

Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of groovy experience but, I am still doing my best to get a special function for my Kwikset lock to be seen in webCoRE.

The DTH for SmartThings was just upgraded to see ‘locked by keypad’. However, it’s not an option in webcore to show this special way the door was locked.

What I would like is: trigger, locked by keypad, do this…

What part of the DTH do I need to concentrate on to make this visible in webCoRE?

This is what I have so far.

@Robin

Is this post in the wrong section? I would have thought it would be right posting here.

You’re in the right place.

I cant test this but try adding

attribute "lock", "string"

To the top of the handler below the capabilities.

Where you say “string” do you mean “locked by keypad” or the actual quote “string” how do I tie this to the actual function ‘locked by keypad’?

locked by keypad is displayed by the ‘lock’ tile, so putting in that attribute might make it show up in webCoRE… just paste it exactly as I showed above

What line? In tiles?

place it immediately below the capabilities list at the top of the handler

btw… when changing attributes in the handler you normally have to remove and re-add the device from webCoRE (via the St mobile app) so that it syncs up.

This wont hurt any existing pistons using the device as the device ID will remain the same.