Trying to Pass Device list between Pistons

1) Give a description of the problem
I have a generic piston that can turn ON a group of light switches (stored in a Device variable).
I would like to call that generic piston from a “master” piston that sets the Device variable to a device list corresponding to any of a variety of desired lighting scenes.

I tried 2 approaches. First, I created a global variable and simply called my generic piston.
Although this sometimes worked, it

2) What is the expected behavior?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE BETWEEN THE MARKS THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS SND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I would create a second Global Variable that gets set to “True” after your device list Variable is populated. Then have your Generic Piston listen(trigger) from the True Global Variable.This is how I run an Arrival Piston with my Evaluate Sun State Piston. The Arrival Routine Sets a Waitstate variable, Presence variable, and a Verify variable. The Verify Variable is what triggers the Evaluate State Routine. The Waitstate variable keeps the the Arrival Piston form re-triggering the Evaluate State Piston. When two people arrive or one arrives behind another with in a 5 minute period. All of these are Global variables. They all get reset at the end of the piston run.