Twcweather - Am I using it wrong

1) Give a description of the problem
I have to be doing something wrong. I started using the Twcweather and the wind speed and gust have not changed for a few hours. I would use Accuweather but apparently, it does not work anymore.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
wind to change

3) What is happening/not happening?
stays the same

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

How are you checking the value? Are you logging the value periodically? You cannot use a twcweather variable for a trigger. You need something else to wake up your piston and check the value.

Just an FYI

On ST, agree with above statements.

On HE, while it does not have TWC weather in webcore, you can connect webcore on HE to weather sources such as open weather, and pistons can use $weather to access the data. (there is information on HE how to view the data your weather source provides webcore in the HE notes)

Also webcore on HE puts out an event when the weather data is updated. So while not a specific weather driver event like wind or temperature changes (which you can do with a standard weather driver on HE), $weather provides an event when it is updated, and you can check on what you are interested in (and code yourself if it changed or not). So on HE, you can use a weather driver or use $weather in webcore (or both).

I am starting to learn HE but still cannot understand the weather information. I tried linking a weather source and even installed the weather.gov app but other than getting the tiles on the HE dashboard, I cannot figure out how to use this data. I would appreciate any links/pointers you can provide.

See: