Unable to delete Echo speaks

1) Give a description of the problem
Unable to delete Echo speaks

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
Echo speaks stopped working for me. After lots of messing, I decided to delete. However, I’m unable to delete via the IDE or App because it says that it’s still in use. I’ve deleted any IF blocks from Webcore which contain Echo Speaks statement. Please can anyone help. Is there a way to force delete from IDE

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I presume that you have removed ALL of the echo devices from within the ES app on your phone.

as @Pantheon said you have to go into each device and delete them in the app in order to be able to remove echo speaks. I was having trouble recently and had to delete and re-install and this was the only way to do it. Once no echo devices show in your app, it will delete just fine.

Thanks guys. I’m in the app and in the “manage devices” section but I still can’t work out how to delete the devices. Are you able to help as this is very frustrating…Cheers

I believe if you go into Device Detection Preferences (under Manage Devices) and un-check everything, it will remove your devices.

I didn’t try @Pantheon’s method but, just like any other device, if you open up each echo device by tapping on it, and then tap the gear icon in the upper right corner, you can scroll to the bottom of the settings and hit ‘Remove’. If Pantheon’s method works, it would be much easier.

@guxdude I tried your method and this has worked. Thanks so much, this was really frustrating me. @pantheon, thanks also. Appreciated

Unbelievable guys! I’ve reinstalled Echo Speaks but now ES can’t see my echo devices. I deleted them earlier from Smartthings Classic. Have you any ideas how I get them back into ES Alexa Devices section please. :slightly_smiling_face:

You have to start the process over setting up a new authorization key, etc. Part of it is re-establishing connection in the Alexa app, I think. Follow the install process and it should work. That’s what I did.

Hi Thanks. I’ve realised that my problem is that when obtaining the cookie from Amazon, then Echo speaks isn’t accepting it. I’ve even tried doing it manually following instructions from GitHub but this also doesn’t work. This seems to be a problem over a year ago when I look online, however it seems to have raised its head again, particularly for me. Very frustrating, I’ve hit the wall!

I want this app off my phone. It will NOT go away! This is the exact programming I hate! A force remove should be an option!

You have to delete all the devices it created before you can delete the app. Once all those are gone, you shouldn’t have a problem.