Unable to restore lights to saved state

1) Give a description of the problem
I have a piston setup for when my doorbell rings, i have tried to save the state of the bulbs to a variable and then restore after, however the restore part isn’t working.
I have read a number of other posts regarding this issue and tried a few of the solutions given but unable to get it working in my case. Any advice would be appreciated?

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Lights to return to state they were in before the doorbell was pushed

3) What is happening/not happening?
Lights are staying in the final colour of the sequence, i.e the colour lights are staying orange

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
I am away currently, but will post if needed…

please read this post about USING WAIT…

this might be your problem…

Try it with a couple of bulbs first… I don’t think there’s enough time between the store/restore with the number of devices you have in use.

I’ve tried with just 1 colour and 1 white with a wait time of 5 seconds and still no luck
Here is the latest I have

This bare piston worked for one of my hue bulbs… I don’t have a white one to test with. Also, I’d try and capture ‘switch’ in case the lights are off.

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.
I expect that could well be it…

Looks like that was the issue, I tested with 1 bulb and that worked then replaced with all of them and this didnt work so I need to cut down the amount of bulbs i use which isn’t a major issue. It’s a case of find the right balance now…

You could duplicate your WITH color lights and white lights a few times and populate with functioning number of bulbs in a specific sequence. Start from the door and work in towards the house or something similar. Add a small wait time after each restore to give the system time to process/react. When sending commands to larger groups like this I tend to use 800 MS wait times.