Understanding Phone Presence Sensors

This might belong in a smartthings forum, but this issue is confusing me in WecCore specifically.

I live alone and have a main phone that shows up in my devices and in webcore as “JDs S10”. However, there’s always been this other random “device” named " 08781682-a043-47a6-a89b…" that appears in WebCore. I somehow figured out it was a presence sensor, and then a few minutes ago noticed it’s a child device to my phone in IDE (see attached).

Should I be using this device as my presence sensor? Thanks.

Do you have Linked Places set up in the ST app? I am wondering if that is the Child Device you are seeing. Just taking a stab at what you are seeing because I don’t know. I use iOS and Linked Places is not available and I have no Child Devices on my presence sensor in IDE.

That is what I would expect it to be.

‘Linked Places’ are implemented as components of the phone presence device and they have the presenceSensor capability.

They are named using a combination of the phone name and the ID of the Linked Place which is a UUID. The label is just the ID.

This to me is back to front as it is the component label that you really want to be unique, not the component name.

You have to work out for yourself which Linked Place is which and which phone it belongs to.