Very long webhook ifttt processing

ifttt

1) Give a description of the problem
I’m using ifttt to run webhooks to control my roomba vacuum based on the time and presence.

I built it from this great post (IFTTT, Roomba 890 and WebCoRE) IFTTT, Roomba 890 and WebCoRE and it works, but the webhook applet takes over 50 minutes to process the command

2) What is the expected behavior?
I expect the webhook to process the applet with a minute or so to make the roomba start cleaning.

3) What is happening/not happening?
The webhook is taking over 50 minutes to process the command to start the roomba

5) Attach any logs

This is my first post, sorry if I missed anything.

My first suggestion would be to trigger the webhook directly from a simple piston and see if you get a quicker response. If you do, then something in the piston setup needs to be simplified.

The simple trigger did work and the roomba started within in a minute. Do you have any suggestion on what to simplify?

I will keep an eye on this for a couple of days and mark this as “solved” Thanks!

At first glance the piston seems to trigger every hour which would possibly cause the 50 minute delay. Maybe we can simplify it if you give me the basics of what you want to do.

The routine seems to be more responsive now. I refreshed the ifttt connection and runs quickly.

I’m using the webcore to run my roomba everyday but I work from home randomly. I didn’t want it to run when I’m home.