Virtual temperature sensor

Good night! I have a smartthings water leak sensor (which I call the attic leak sensor and also has temperature measurement) and I would like to create a virtual temperature sensor and via webcore, take the temperature from the leak sensor and display the recorded temperature on the virtual sensor.

I found a topic to simulate here on the forum but it is to calculate average temperature … and I want to copy exactly the same reading.

Can someone help me?

I’m a little confused. If you have a sensor that gives you temperature already, why not just look at that? Where are you trying to display this temperature? Do you have a piston you have started? If you have the one that averages, just replace the averaging math with the value you want to insert [leakSensor:Temperature].

I could use help with this same issue. I am using smartthings sensors in Hubitat and it reports temperatures with 2 decimal places. I would like to have a virtual sensor that shows the temperature in whole numbers. I am not very well versed in Webcore so I could use some help with this.

Does the virtual temp sensor allow for displaying whole numbers? If it does, you can just use the round() function in webcore. Something like round(st_sensor:temperature,0)

I do not have a virtual temp sensor yet. I am looking for help on how to create one using input from an actual temperature sensor.

In Hubitat, go to Devices, click the Add Virtual Device. Name it and then for the type, select Virtual Temperature Sensor. Once you have that done, add it to webCoRE under settings.

Once you have it in webCoRE, you can then create the piston that will get the temperature of the ST sensor and then feed it to the virtual temperature sensor you created. I’m going to guess the task would be setTemperature()