Wake on Lan does not wake up device

1) Give a description of the problem
My TV does not wake up by a WOL through Webcore.
If I wake it by a tool like Fing or another Android App, it does work, so the device does support it
The log file seems to be fine (at least, to me), it looks like the command is send
I also tried it with an [email protected]/24 but same result… actually NO result

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Tv should switch on by WOL call

3) What is happening/not happening?
Nothing happens

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]download%20(1)_2%20(1)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
30-7-2019 21:19:50 +360ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Button].button = pushed with a delay of 72ms
+391ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 15ms > PS > 342ms > PE > 34ms > CE
+394ms ║Runtime (37045 bytes) successfully initialized in 342ms (v0.3.10e.20190628) (391ms)
+395ms ║╔Execution stage started
+402ms ║║Comparison (enum) pushed gets (string) pushed = true (1ms)
+403ms ║║Condition #4 evaluated true (4ms)
+404ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated true (state did not change) (6ms)
+406ms ║║Cancelling statement #2’s schedules…
+411ms ║║Executed virtual command wolRequest (2ms)
+413ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (19ms)
+414ms ╚Event processed successfully (414ms)

Try changing your variable to a string instead of dynamic?

Hi, I wasn’t aware you could do this, thinking that webcore runs in the cloud on a different network. However I’ve just tried the following piston and it works.

Usually, if webCoRE sends a command to a device on the same local network, SmartThings will send it locally. If it is going to a device on an different network, then SmartThings will send it from an external location.

… but in either case, you are right…
The pistons are stored in the cloud.

The more you get into webcore, the cooler it gets!

Is there an easy way to ping the device and check the response to see if it is running?

I now attached my TV to LAN instead of WLAN, and it directly wakes up. Guess there is something different in the way Webcore sends the message and the apps like Fing does this.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions!

Every device & device handler has a different approach to this… but basically there has to be programming at both ends for this to work.

I’ve managed to implement it using an http request to the NAS admin page and checking the response.
An option for webcore to perform a ping and return “alive” would be useful.

That’s what I mean… The other device has to be programmed to give some kind of response for webCoRE to be able to see it.

In other words, webCoRE cannot control how a device is programmed to respond.

So I know this is a year old, but I figured I would add a solution for people who might find this on Google.

If you add a power monitoring smart plug to the device, then you can have a piston that checks for a power increase over a certain threshold that then sends you a push notification.