1) Give a description of the problem
I want to make a web request and use defined variable inside the url

2) What is the expected behaviour?
return something

3) What is happening/not happening?
it return nothing, when I use “text” it works but @variable not working

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Before you make the web request, try logging the URL to console first to see if it’s being put together how you’re expecting it.

Thanks for reply! How can I do it? I do not see anything in my log about the url…

Instead of Make Web Request, select the “Log to console” task.

when I put the expression inside a variable…it gives : 0
So I presume that its not working as expected…

0 again
in the webrequest, I use the ‘expression’ option, is there another way of doing it?

Put that expression in the Log to console task and look at the output.

0 always

I m able to get the first variable but the second one still shown as text… like:
http/[email protected]
It should have a transition between …maybe a formula to merge text? concatenate?

In an expression box, you can concat using the + sign

You need to put your variables inside {@curly_brackets} when typing the URL.

I make it works this way:
https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/onecall?lat=@actual_latitude + “&lon=”@actual_longitude “&units=metric&exclude=hourly,daily,minutely&lang=fr&appid=xxxxxxxxxx”

Looks like I was using & at the place of + and I also notice that the + is not even needed after a variable, it miss one and still working…

Thanks again! You found it!

Glad you got it working.

If you just type the URL as a ‘value’ rather than an ‘expression’, using {@curly_brackets} for your variables, you would save yourself the whole “…”[email protected]+"…"[email protected] mess

:wink: