WebCoRE and DLNA and Bluetooth Speakers

I’m not even sure how to intelligently articulate what I’m trying to do but here goes.

I’m looking for suggestions as to how to integrate an existing Bluetooth speaker into my HA mix without a lot of money. I have a Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker and a couple of old iPhones and iPads. After doing some quick research, I see there are DLNA apps for iOS. I’m wondering if (or how) I can use WebCoRE to send text-to-speech to the Bluetooth Speaker via a DLNA app running on iOS. Or is it possible to use the Bluetooth capability of the ST V2 hub to do this (if ST ever actually made BT available on the hub). My router also has DLNA server capabilities and I’m wondering if I can somehow use that.

My uses cases are pretty simple and includes things like being able to announce my z-wave doorbell was just rung or someone arrived home. I have a bunch of pistons that send push notifications when these events occur but would like to be able to hear them, too.

If anyone has other inexpensive suggestions, I’m all ears.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can offer.

I use the FABRIQ speaker from Amazon, I think I paid $40 for it on sale. Then I installed the generic media renderer.

Get the speaker working per it’s instructions and then add the DLNA Player per it’s instructions. Once those two are setup then ad the speaker to WebCore and your all set.

I’ve been really wanting to do this too, so thanks for asking.

Is it possible to do cheaply via Bluetooth speakers, or is the best way via DLNA as @Ross suggests?

](D-Link DCH-M225 Wi-Fi Audio Extender https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGGHYWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_GQEPAbBAVV4ZD)

10 dollars and the smartapp/dth referenced above at the github repo. 3 dollars for an aux cord. Problem solved