WebCoRE Beta Milestone 2

POST COPIED FROM ST COMMUNITY FORUMS

Continuing the webCoRE development cycle, we’ve now reached Beta Milestone 2. This milestone will focus on adding missing (important) features, bug fixes, and performance improvement. Things should be smoother now, with less chances of breaking during updates.

And now, again, the warnings:

WARNING #1
The legal boring stuff. This software is free to use, modify, distribute, install on a potato, anything you wish to do with it. As it happens, by using it, you must understand that I cannot be held responsible for anything that stems from the use of this software.

WARNING #2
This software is currently in a BETA release stage. If you don’t know what that means, **PLEASE read **
this .

WARNING #3
If you see any white text on a red banner reading “DO NOT SHARE WITH ANYONE”, it is probably best you follow that advice. There is a public way of sharing pistons (anonymized) and a private way. The private one is for you and you alone.

WARNING #4
Things may still break here and there, things can get refactored here and there, depending on things we realize need changing down the road, so take this with a grain of salt.

WARNING #5
UPDATE: It looks like SmartThings fixed this issue and now the IDE and API endpoints can be accessed using the same browser without logging out the IDE.
As with the CoRE dashboard, opening the webCoRE dashboard may interfere with your IDE. This is because webCoRE is still using SmartApp endpoints underneath the hood, and opening a SmartApp endpoint in the same browser as the IDE causes the authentication cookies for the IDE to be corrupted, logging you out of the IDE. If you need to use both the IDE and the webCoRE dashboard at the same time, please try using two different browsers, or open the IDE in incognito mode.

IMPORTANT
There is a wiki. I have meanwhile found it, it was hiding at https://wiki.webcore.co

INSTALLATION
Please follow this guide to install webCoRE. If you survive, that is :slight_smile:

FEEDBACK
If you decided to install webCoRE and ran into any issue at all, please take a moment and share that experience so I can improve on it. Find the installation feedback thread here25.

CREDITS
Many many thanks to everyone who helped developing this software. I don’t usually name people, for fears of forgetting anyone, but I’ll try a list (conveniently alphabetically ordered). If you helped and don’t find yourself on the list, sorry, please contact me and I’ll add you. If you find yourself on the list and don’t want to be there, tough luck. I was not able to mention the users (there is a limit of maximum 10 users being mentioned, so I haven’t used handles, just names)

** all users listed in this text box are user names on SmartThings community forums **

bamarayne
bangali
bobbles
c1arkbar
destructure00
eibyer
einars
elf
HDGuy
jjslegacy
Jonpho
Kevin_Prefer
MichaelS
rontalley
SBDOBRESCU
tonesto7
whoismoses

Many thanks to the ST team for their continued support for this project. Special thanks to gausnes and slagle for sticking around.

HELP NEEDED
We need writers for the wiki. If you are a fluent English writer, please help us write the wiki. Please request an account here.

NOTE:
It is not required, nor necessary to donate to use this SmartApp. This is a free open source software and it is my way to pay my dues to those before me. But if you feel like it, you can donate here.