Webcore Dashboard - New Piston Options

1) Give a description of the problem
I have just installed webcore and have just selected the dashboard for the first time. When I selected “create a new piston” I received the following options : Create a blank piston, create a duplicate piston, restore a piston using backup code, Import a piston from a backup file. I think some options are missing namely : create a piston from a template, Import a piston from an external source.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
I expected to see the following options : Create a blank piston, create a duplicate piston, create a piston from a template, Restore a piston using backup code, Import a piston from an external source.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Not all options are appearing

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

They’re the options I get, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any others.

I’m not sure what the final 2 options you expect to see would be. You can import other peoples pistons e.g from the pistons shown on the forum, by using the “restore using a backup code” and entering the code shown in the screen shot. Is this what you mean by create from template?

Hi, thanks for responding. I was expecting these options as per a Youtube tutorial from Robin.

I am new to Webcore and would find those other two options helpful

Firstly, welcome to webCore. That is first I have seen of the video. As long as you have a piston code, you can use “Restore a piston using backup code”. The verbiage is misleading, it does not have to be a backup. It be be a code from any source, could be a backup for you or a template someone else created (several examples are posted on the wiki).

I don’t remember ever seeing those options, but I could be wrong!

What is the date on the video? I wonder if they’re facilities that have been removed? I’m sure someone else with a longer knowledge of webcore than me will be able to respond.

That screenshot was from a very early build…

A “template” can be created with either the blue or green button.
(duplicate or backup code)

Importing from an “external source” can be achieved by pressing the green button.
(backup code from an external source)

pic

The date of the video is : webCoRE for SmartThings - A-Z Installation walkthrough
40,480 views•Dec 3, 2017

Maybe some of these facilities have been removed. Let’s hope somebody could guide me.

Nothing removed, just written more clearly. See my last post.
(our posts crossed)

Many thanks - I’ll take a look at the wiki

Thanks for your help - I will take a look at that