webCoRe Presence Sensor Help: Distance To Home?

I just started playing around with the webCoRe Presence Sensor and have a few questions:

1. If I want to send my wife a text when I’m X distance from home…what’s the best way to do that with these attributes tied to the sensor?

2. Is there any documentation I can look at to understand specifically what each attribute does?

Thanks.

Bump, any ideas on this?

something like this?

Thank you, I was having difficulty coming up with a starting point between all of the available attributes.

you are welcome.

Looking at the piston you have a condition followed by a trigger.
Should they be swapped round or make the first statement always subscribe.
Just wondering.
I do like it though.

no need to swap. that should work fine as is. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.
Something in the back of my mind keeps saying put triggers before conditions.
Don’t know why. :smile:

maybe because you know wC prioritizes triggers over conditions? :slight_smile:

Probably. Who knows. Even I don’t know what goes on in my tiny mind at times. :smile:

perfect example of a post that you aint sure if you should like or not. :wink:

@bangali …I realized that the condition you provided (closestPlaceDistance drops to or below 1.5mi) could be executed multiple times (as the sensor gets closer and closer to home), so is it correct that I added this…?

good thought … however think drops below only executes when it goes from higher than threshold to lower than threshold.

Out of curiosity, what kind of presence sensor has attributes like that? The only presence sensors I’m using (so far) are from the Life360 connection, and it only has presence & $status.

webCoRe has developed their own presence sensor that is currently in BETA. There’s a thread for it separated by device type (iOS and Android) in the ‘Instructions and Tutorials Section.’

I am a real newb but cannot figure out for the life of me where you got ‘closestPlace’ from. Is it a local var? When I import it and edit it, closestPlace goes away.

Trying to build my own on something like that.

Thanks for the help!