Webcore + Sonos One - Text to Speach

1) Give a description of the problem
Not sure if correct category…
I have created some pistons that includes text to speach. My Sonos One is recognised as a speaker.

2) What is the expected behavior?
I would like Alexa / WebCore / ST (??) to pronounce the text on my Sonos.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Nothing, silence.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
3.10.2018, 19:46:26 +63ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Garage Door Switch].switch = on with a delay of 76ms
+106ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 16ms > PS > 63ms > PE > 26ms > CE
+109ms ║Runtime (39163 bytes) successfully initialized in 63ms (v0.3.108.20180906) (106ms)
+110ms ║╔Execution stage started
+120ms ║║Comparison (enum) on changes = true (0ms)
+121ms ║║Cancelling condition #2’s schedules…
+123ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated true (6ms)
+124ms ║║Cancelling condition #1’s schedules…
+125ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated true (state changed) (9ms)
+136ms ║║Comparison (enum) closed is (string) open = false (2ms)
+138ms ║║Condition #4 evaluated false (10ms)
+140ms ║║Condition group #3 evaluated false (state did not change) (12ms)
+143ms ║║Cancelling statement #5’s schedules…
+172ms ║║Executed physical command [Living Room Speaker].playText([Garage Door already closed, 50]) (21ms)
+173ms ║║Executed [Living Room Speaker].playText (24ms)
+177ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (68ms)
+178ms ╚Event processed successfully (178ms)

Whenever I get a new device that I am unfamiliar with, I make a one line piston to test the commands before implimenting into my other pistons. It makes testing quick and easy, and rules out all the other variables.

Something like this, to start

temp

(no other lines are in this piston)

Thank you.
Turned out it was because I had set volume. Once I removed this it worked.
Only problem now is that the “audio device not supported on this device” overspeaking the the text to speech…
But I have this in another thread :slight_smile:

As you noted, with ‘Speak Text’ you can not currently add a value to ‘set volume’ with Sonos. Just add a separate ‘set level’ command before the ‘speak text’ command as needed.

I would like to have announcements of open sensors for my Smartthings system. Example: front door open, Front window open etc. I have four Sonos One Gen 2 Speakers that I would like to configure for text to speech with webcore. I have noticed references to Music Player 1, Music Player 2 etc in posts and piston examples for text to speech. When I search in the new Smartthings App for available devices for webcore, I do not have any Music Player options that are not grayed out. Can anyone assist with how to setup Sonos for text to speech? I assume I need a music player to enable TTS given the pistons I have reviewed.

The text to speech functionality has been removed by ST. There are several other options available which have been discussed on the forum, however, they are more involved to setup than the original method.