From what I can see on my end, my piston did a fresh pull 3 hours before the launch (as expected). At that time, the China was still scheduled at  (2:04am UTC).
For some reason, my piston did NOT pull fresh data at the 2 or 1 hour mark…
(I’ll add new info to the log to figure out why)
Then, at the T-60 minute mark, the piston ran again (as expected) finally seeing the updated API. (Vega finally appeared) All of Vega was stored in the local
This means, everything worked perfectly, except the piston did not update the schedule…
… and so, when the original time expired, it read off the current
Or as SergL said:
I did not have my log set to full, but I wonder if the piston even came back from the 2 second WAIT.
(that line is a new addition to the code)
I am tempted to tell my piston to ignore China completely, LOL
I made a slight change to my WAIT near the end.
This should do two things. (1) Give a better view of the data as it is seen throughout the day… and (2) To make sure the piston returns successfully after the WAIT (to potentially, reset the wakeup time for the launch time)
Once I confirm, I will update my original post here.