Adding Samsung Smart TV

I have a Samsung Smart TV setup in my SmartThings app, I can see this find in the SmartThings “My Devices”

Type 2016 Samsung Smart TV
Version Published

However I can’t seem to add this into WebCore. I have gone into Automation > SmartApps > webCoRE > Settings > Available devices and contacts > Available devices but I can’t find what to click to find it. I tried pretty much every single selectable link in here but can’t see the TV anywhere.

Any ideas what I can do or check to get it working? I want to incorporate it in a piston I am writing to turn on the TV when I am cooking via a voice command to my Google Home

My TV is a Sony so it might differ but I was able to find it in pollable devices.

If you can’t find it as @Kebel871 suggested then please copy the DTH in here that you are using.

Can’t find it in Pollable devices.

Sorry, what’s a DTH, am new to this so not sure! Did a search but wasn’t enlightened!

Device Type Handler. It is the code that explains to SmartApps like webcore how this device can be used.

If you go to the IDE and click on My Device then scroll down to the TV and select it. You should be able to see which DTH it is using

Is it the screen that says stuff like:

2016 Samsung Smart TV Device Kitchen TV
Name 2016 Samsung Smart TV
Label Kitchen TV
Type 2016 Samsung Smart TV
Version Published
Device Network Id D8E0E1AE7B4C
Status ACTIVE

In there I can’t see any Device Type Handler

Sorry been awhile. Do you see an edit button at the bottom. Click on that then post what the type is in that drop down

Also is there anything listed under current states? (The screen with the edit button)

2016 Samsung Smart TV

Current States
switch: on
volume: 22
mute: unmute
pictureMode: Standard
soundMode: Standard

Thanks!

How long have you had webcore?

This might seem strange but it used to happen a lot. Click on my locations then click on your home hub. After doing that go to my SmartApps. Is webcore there? Go back to my devices, is the tv there?

Sometimes things get installed on the wrong shard of SmartThings servers. But I want to say this is fixed.

About 48 hours!

Checked and Webcore is installed under Other along with the Pistons I have written so far.

Going back to List Devices I can see the TV:

Kitchen TV 2016 Samsung Smart TV D8E0E1AE7B4C ACTIVE Cloud moments ago

Try changing the type to Samsung Smart Tv

In Edit Device?

It only seems to have 2015 Samsung Smart TV and 2016 Samsung Smart TV (which is selected) as options in the dropdown, no type of just Samsung Smart TV

Ok I was only looking at the templates for creating a DTH.

Maybe try switching it to the 2015?

I WISH i could add my TV to ST. I have a 2016 KS9000 Samsung TV. Worked briefly. Then stopped responding totally so had to remove it from ST.

Point being I’m REALLY Jealous you guys have your TV’s integrated. lol

Sorry for my post one up. I realised the piston was rubbish. See this one:

I’ve managed to add the TV (switch 5 as below), but it’s not working right

Switch 5 is the TV
Nothing is happening either way when I turn the TV on or off. When I go into ‘Show Device’ in IDE, the switch is showing as changing (i.e. from on to off) when I use the TV remote.

Any ideas?

This is the log when I turn the TV on:
12/04/2018, 08:47:21 +80ms
+1ms ╔Received event [TV].switch = On with a delay of 94ms
+88ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 14ms > PS > 32ms > PE > 43ms > CE
+90ms ║Runtime (38727 bytes) successfully initialized in 32ms (v0.3.104.20180323) (89ms)
+91ms ║╔Execution stage started
+98ms ║║Comparison (enum) On changes_to (string) off = false (1ms)
+99ms ║║Condition #8 evaluated false (4ms)
+100ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (state did not change) (5ms)
+104ms ║║Comparison (enum) On changes_to (string) on = false (1ms)
+105ms ║║Condition #5 evaluated false (4ms)
+106ms ║║Condition group #2 evaluated false (state did not change) (4ms)
+108ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (18ms)
+109ms ╚Event processed successfully (110ms)

and this is the log when I turn the TV off:
12/04/2018, 08:48:06 +929ms
+2ms ╔Received event [TV].switch = Off with a delay of 69ms
+100ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 15ms > PS > 38ms > PE > 46ms > CE
+102ms ║Runtime (38728 bytes) successfully initialized in 38ms (v0.3.104.20180323) (100ms)
+103ms ║╔Execution stage started
+111ms ║║Comparison (enum) Off changes_to (string) off = false (0ms)
+112ms ║║Condition #8 evaluated false (4ms)
+113ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (state did not change) (5ms)
+117ms ║║Comparison (enum) Off changes_to (string) on = false (1ms)
+118ms ║║Condition #5 evaluated false (3ms)
+119ms ║║Condition group #2 evaluated false (state did not change) (5ms)
+121ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (18ms)
+122ms ╚Event processed successfully (122ms)

Samsung milled the ability to control and integrate them with a firmware update around 6ish months ago. Unfortunately. I have a KS9000 and I really miss the control.

Thats a shame. I’ve got it working when samsung TV switch changes after a certain time then night mode begins to turn on. That’ll do me for now.