API with avg/record high & low for today at my location?

temperature
weather

Note to self:

My averageLow (orange line) varies 34 degrees throughout the year… which means I may convert this into a useful formula.

Something like ((Today’s averageLow - Dec averageLow) x 3) will equal a percentage from 0-100%.
(with 0% being one of the coldest days of the year, and 100% would typically be the hottest)

Similarly to how my dayLengthPercentage shows us where we are in the year with regards to sunlight… This new formula will tell us where we are within the year based on the expected temperature!

I could really see other pistons benefiting from having that number stored in a @global.

It’s been a while. Did you finish this gauge? I am curious about your scale. Do you have anything you can share?

Apologies if you already shared somewhere and I missed it.

Thanks!

“Finish” is such a strong word… LOL… but I am extremely happy with it’s current version.

pic

(Last edited 3 days after this post.)

As far as sharing… Don’t forget I created custom code pointing to a custom API filled with data for my custom location… So sharing it would be pointless. (unless I am trying to show off my coding skills)

Even though this is my all time favorite gauge, (and in my top five pistons of all time), until someone finds a free API listing these 4 dataPoints:

• the average high & low for today’s date
  • the historical (record) high & low, for today’s date

… this code will remain for clients only. (due to the hours of labor required)

… or in other words:

I hope you can understand…

I may be able to answer this one though… Can you re-word the question?

I noticed you posted an image of this gauge in this post

I am curious what the ranges (colors) represent in the gauge and would like to confirm the six numbers presented. Given the up and down arrow, I assume those are the min and max for the day although I wasn’t sure if maybe they were minimum and maximum highs or actual minimum and maximum record temperatures. Are the top three numbers averages? I know I could fill in whatever I like but just curious what you are using. Also curious about the scale only having 3 division with many minor tics but no labels. Seems like a lot of data in one gauge which is really nice. As you know from this post, I created my own record temperature API to draw from.

I am a bit tied up at the moment, but I will send you a message in about 12 hours.

Edit: Message sent