Command Optimisation

verified

@ady624

Would it be possible to add command optimisation options to the individual actions instead of just one setting for the whole piston?

I’m using a Fibaro RGBW micro module which has built in presets, one of which is to flash the lights rapidly red/blue/white/off to simulate police lights. The problem is that ST sees and logs the rapid change between on/off whilst the preset is running, so sending an off command at the wrong moment (pure luck) gets ignored.

Prior to my garden irrigation system firing up, I use the police preset on my Decking and floodlight for 10 seconds to warn anyone on the grass they are about to get wet… I also use it for 10 minutes if the alarm sounds.

I am getting a 50:50 chance of the police lights being left on indefinitely for both scenarios and I really don’t want to enable optimisation for the whole piston as it will really slow things down, especially my Alarm piston which is huge!

My only other option is to set the RGBW module to a fixed colour, wait 3 seconds and then turn off, but the wait introduces other problems with sync and the piston firing from the top again :frowning:

What would be great would be to have the following new commands in the ‘do’ lists:

Turn Off (force)
Turn On (force)

My last option will be to add a custom forceOff command to the DTH itself, but the above feature request will likely be of use to others as well.

Thanks