Dashboard not updating

*1) Give a description of the problem
On the default page it says in order “my house” “Night” “Armed/Disarmed”

2) What is the expected behavior?
“Night” is always there.If I arm or disarm it changes accordingly. But night is always there no matter what the time of day is.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Surely it should only say “night” when it is set to “Stay/night”

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
No piston to show

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE BETWEEN THE MARKS) no logs as far as I know.

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

It is a Mode in smartthings. Check the ide. It is probably set to night mode.or your smartthings app under routines

Hi, I just found it. But can’t see the point of it if you have to change it manually. It’s been on night since I first installed ST 7 or 8 months ago.

Modes have to be set depending on user needs so not automatic… everyone has a different definition of ‘night’.

You can also add modes such as night-home / night-away / night-sexy-time etc.

I personally never used modes, preferring to duplicate conditions into my pistons instead, but lots of people swear by them.

WebCoRE has a command to ‘set location mode’ or it can be done with routines in the ST app.

To add new modes you have to do this via the IDE.

SHM is useless for setting “Armed Home” as it doesn’t give you any “time” choices. So you must use custom for this.
If you use custom for the “Away” setting as well, you then lose the Armed away, armed home and disarmed availability on the ST dashboard.
So I am now using the SHM away default settings and no others.
I have wasted quite a few hours messing with all these settings and Webcore settings trying to get it to “arm” how I want it. Until that is that you reminded me about the “routines” section.
I have been so engrossed with Webcore and SHM I forgot all about the “Routines” section.
I now have SHM set to “Away Armed” only.
I have always had my 8 button remote (32 using double click and held) set for button 8 to turn off all the downstairs. So as I am walking upstairs one press turns off all sockets and lights and now via routines it also sets SHM to “Armed Night”.
I can’t believe I wasted so many hours trying to do what in the end I was so easy.
So thanks for your input, I can now resume my life again, hahaha.

One final thing to do with the Dashboard. In the following capture, where is the weather setting of Sunset Sunrise coming from.
These settings never change, and are way out to what they should be. So where are they stored/set?
Today for example my sunset is 16-05 Sunrise is 08-10.
Not 05-56, 20-43 as in screen capture.

Pistons have stopped working! [daylight savings time issues]

I am not sure on EU smartthings. But it should be your time zone

Maybe UTC time?

All I can suggest is that your coordinates appear to be well off for London… they are placing you off the coast of Kruishoofd in the Netherlands!!

Go into the ST mobile app, click the hamburger menu bottom right, click the settings cog and check you’ve got the location setup correctly.

The co-ordinates according to google maps put me right outside my house in S. Wales. So it’s not that.
Where is the “weather information” Sunrise Sunset from?

If you copy/paste the co-ordinates are 100 feet from my house.
Never been to the Netherlands. Neither has my phone.

Timezone is London, not co-ordinates. They are S. Wales which is same time zone.
Sunrise is 2 hours out and Sunset is close to 4 hours out.

Sorry, I must have typed the coordinates in wrong… can’t copy/past from the image.

The sunrise/sunset comes from the default weather station smartapp.

In the IDE, go to ‘My Locations’, click your location, scroll down and click ‘list smartapps’, click on ‘weather station’ and see if you see anything unusual, specifically if things are being scheduled for today?

Perhaps click ‘update’ on the previous page.

Beyond that it might need a ticket raised with ST support I’m afraid. I’m in London and my times are spot on:

I don’t have an entry saying weather station. There is no “default weather station app”.

I just found this in instructions but it is not there in my ST app.
To install AccuWeather Connect

From the SmartThings mobile app:

Tap Marketplace
Tap SmartApps
Tap Climate Control
Tap AccuWeather Connect
Tap Install

It’s not anywhere in Marketplace.

ST had a big clear out of old smartapps in the marketplace a while back… As far as I’m aware, AccuWeather was something different compared to the pre-installed (default) weather station.

It must have somehow got deleted and I’m afraid I have no idea how you can re-install it!!!

Should look like this:

Suggest you raise a support ticket with ST… maybe they can put it back for you???

If that’s all it is I can do without it. Never liked accuweather only use BBC weather app or the Met office app. I must have deleted it and that’s why it is stuck on that. Thanks anyway, now I know why it’s stuck and what it is from.

The system ‘weather station’ app is actually only for sunrise / sunset and has nothing to do with the weather… maybe they had grand plans that never came to fruit.

I agree there is no need to have the Custom AccuWeather app though… webCoRE has built in API integration with Weather Underground:

Let us know how you get on with ST and getting them to fix Weather Station, and Good Luck!!

Will do, I contacted them this morning. I don’t get all this tile stuff as shown in weather forecast tiles, I would never look at it. Once I have a piston working as I want it, I can’t think of why I would keep going back to the dashboard. When I look at my dashboard now, it’s just a load of faint squares and rectangles that do nothing. Maybe I’m missing something.

At some point you’ll be able to place tiles into the new dashboard @ady624 is developing (Visors) which can be displayed on a wall mounted tablet… bit like ActionTiles.

I had a look at action tiles a few months ago. It’s not something I would be interested in. I do just about everything using my button controller, On occasion I use Alexa, Google home or my Google assistant on my phone.
Everything else is automated via SmartThings, WebCore, Stringify, Ifttt, Yonomi and Kasa.
If you had asked me just over 12 months ago I couldn’t have told anyone about any of them, as I hadn’t heard of them. If I remember rightly I bought my first Dot at last years Black Friday deals.
I am trying your presence /away/arm/disarm settings at the moment to see how they work for me. The night/sleep settings seem to work ok but because of the weather this last week snow,wind,rain, ice and today hailstones, (hard work with a wheelchair) we haven’t been out so can’t comment on how the “away” bit works for us. Keep up the good work and roll on Spring!

Update, my weather station is now repaired by ST support and the correct times for sunset and sunrise are now showing.