Disarm the house

I have two pistons that arm and disarm the house using day and night modes. They use SHM and WebCore (obvs). I have one condition that says if I am not home but the wife is arm/stay and turn on a camera.

Well today she had people over and my alerts went nuts. So i need to figure out a way to pause those pistons when people are over and resume when they leave.

I wont know the timing on those events but maybe I can use a momentary button or something to envoke this condition.

Just looking for ideas how to impliment it.

I have not engaged the SMH yet, but I use a feature in routines that when “things quiet down” I believe. Basically, what it means is I automatically go into Night mode once ALL motions sensors have remained inactive for 30 minutes at any point after 10 pm. So if we have a party, or the kids are staying up late, or whatever…the Night Mode (or eventually alarm) does not engage.

To clarify, its ALL motion sensors in the living area of my house…excludes bedrooms and bathrooms.

I use a virtual switch that I named “Guest” and if Guest is ON then some of my routines behave differently. You could also wrap your entire piston in a restriction this way so that it only executes if Guest if OFF.

I chose to use a virtual switch because that way the Echo can turn it on or off instead of having to open up the app. I also have a light switch by my front door that I can double-tap which will also turn the switch on. Basically I like having multiple ways to set it.

How would I wrap the entire piston in a restriction? I assume a Action > Do?

Check out example #6 here…

Thank you. Would this method not work?
Use a Virtual Switch to Pause my Day and Night SHM Pistons when on and resume when I turn it off?

Close…

I would make it say, MasterFlag switch changes to on

Then move the bottom section into the else section of the first IF block (and delete the bottom IF)

Finally the opposite of Pause is Resume. Execute will actually run the piston…if that’s what you want then you’re all good. Just making sure.

Awesome. I like this way so I can press it when the notifications are too much. I don’t always know if people are over when someone is home and I am at work.

Thank you for your help!