Feature request: Additional Amazon Polly voices

My feature suggestions for a perfect app: Add optional selection of voices for voice announcements.

Smartthings moved from using Ivona to Polly a while back since Ivona was discontinued.

Polly supports other voices in addition to the default one use by Smartthings. I tested it with a modified Big Talker app.

Syntax is (example):

textToSpeech(“Some text to speech”, “Filiz”)

Here is a list of the available voices:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/polly/latest/dg/voicelist.html

In addition to a number of English voices this would also allow for announcements in other languages. Imagine you homt to announce dinner in French or speak with an Australian accent or speak with a male voice?!

Second that! @ady624 let’s hear what “Carmen” has to say…lol

Late to the party, but, Third. I simply prefer “Amy” to the default “Salli” voice. Hopefully this will be easy to implement, or is already possible… I’ve been using smartthings for years and just found out about webcore last week so I have some catching up to do (I’ve been doing it wrong).

While this feature is not available in WebCore (yet?), it has benn implemented in the “RemindR” and the “MediaRender Events” apps.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at those. I think Big Talker has been updated to include it as well.

Edit: never mind. I was looking at the MediaRenderer (Connect)

Where can I change this? I look at the SmartApp and DH settings, didn’t see anything.

It is in the Smartapp under “text for speech settings”. You have to manually update to the latest version. There is no GitHub integration.

Any further news of integrating different voices, sex and accents into the webCoRE Speak Text commands?