Harmony Hub Piston Design

Anyone know if I can have webcore send commands, other than start/stop activities, to my Harmony Hub? Currently I do this through tasker and the harmony tasker plug in…so I know it has the capability. Using tasker creates issues though because if I’m at work and on a home visit with no internet it wont fire for my wife. If I put it on my tablet and the battery is dead then it again wont fire. I need a full proof way to do this.

What command(s) are you using in Tasker to send to your Harmony Hub?
Depending on your answer, it may be replicable in webCoRE.

Channel commands for my Dish Network or I would like to make the fire stick go to certain apps. With tasker I have it send up, down, select…commands to the fire tv. I found an old fire tablet I’m going to plug in permanent because I found your directions for voice announcements the other day and would love to utilize as a cheap sonos style speaker.

I am a big fan of integrating Tasker into SmartHomes…
Having permanent power to an old Android device running Tasker gives nearly infinite possibilities with programming. Connecting a speaker to it is icing on the cake!

Are those up, down, select commands issued by way of HTTP Get in Tasker? or some other method?

I’m not sure. Its via the tasker harmony plug in that jao made.

I can’t get the smartthings app to load on this old fire tablet or auto notify

Ah yes, then that proprietary code will likely not work directly from webCoRE.

BUT

You could always have webCoRE trigger that command in Tasker.
(once you have it installed on your old tablet)

So I wouldn’t need smartthings or auto notify?

I mean on the tablet of course

You will need AutoNotify if you are going for the speech to text as seen in my other thread.

As far as I know, having ST on the tablet is optional…
(but there are two versions of the ST app, so you can always try the other version)

Notifications on the new version don’t seem to work

I am still using the Classic version, by choice…

Also remember there are 2-3 different ways to send notifications in webCoRE. Maybe try one of the others?

The classic version is the one that I cant get on the tablet. I cant stand the the “newer” one

How else can I send notifications? I know I can send SMS but that wouldn’t work on a tablet.

There are 4 to choose from, but for a tablet without a SIM card, you may be limited to the middle two here.

temp

Another alternative, is to use AutoRemote & webCoRE to send the command directly to the tablet, but the coding is a bit trickier with this method. (which is why the steps are not listed on my previous link)

Wouldn’t either of the highlighted require smartthings to be on the tablet?

Here is the breakdown for AutoRemote when used with webCoRE.

Send a notification to only ONE device without a SIM card

Oh shoot, yes, you are right. You need to either get ST (and notifications) working on the tablet, OR use the AutoRemote method mentioned in my last post.

I might have to reset this tablet as it might help if I fix the Google play store on it.

Having the GP store available can only help.

Might also need to update everything if this device is real old