Harmony Hub Piston Design

Its on it but broken for some reason.

That could explain why your ST app isn’t working

I hope so. I really want to get this to work

Google play just crashes when I open it

I have my wall mounted tablet rooted, so I just sideloaded Google Play Store on to it. I don’t have a link though, because certain devices can only run certain versions of GP Store.

You could try https://forum.xda-developers.com/
and input your exact device. There should be a thread on getting Google Play Store specifically for your device.

I had it working at one point but it won’t work now

Well at least you have a game plan now…

• Get Google Play Store installed on that device
  • Get ST notifications working on the tablet

I have not seen this first hand, but I read somewhere that logging out and relogging back in to the ST app sometimes fixes the notifications…

I still think it would be wise to have a working Google Play store on that device, but that is just me

Google play fixed. Now to see if that makes it possible to log into smartthings

The issue is when trying to log into smartthings classic it tries to use the silk browser inside the app to authenticate my Samsung account and smartthings doesnt allow that. They want chrome or another normal browser. Chrome is on the tablet but because smartthings does this inside the app it uses silk.

Ahh, I have not encountered this, so cannot help with that question.
Maybe make a new thread with that specific query?

(and come back here once your notifications are working)

I wonder if making Chrome the default browser would resolve this?

Not that it changes the thread but Jao did not make the plug-in, Tim Forsyth did. Jao has a nice Youtube video showing you how to set it up.

Hmmm I wonder if I can send a web request to tasker to accomplish this. Everyone says to use actiontiles but I don’t think that sends notifications

Sharp tools with virtual switches…

You need a server running 24/7 for your device to accept HTTP requests.

For simplicity, I usually use:
webCoRE > Notifications > AutoNotification > Tasker

For advanced coding, I usually go:
webCoRE > AutoRemote > Tasker

The second path requires no ST app installed, and will not clutter up my other devices with a bunch of notifications

Maybe I’ll attempt the second one.

Sharp tools and tasker works!!

A texting app!!! I think I got an idea

Just for clarification… about your earlier question if you can send a web request to Tasker?
AutoRemote acts like a server, so if that is installed, you can send any command (or variable) to Tasker straight from webCORE.

Using auto notify and the app text me on the fire tablet works perfectly and I didn’t have to spend a dime lol.