Help With Geofencing, Lights On When Arriving Home

1) Give a description of the problem
I’ve designed a piston to turn on specific lights in my house when I arrive home. However, the lights never turn on when I arrive home.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Lights turn on when I arrive home based on geofencing.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Lights never turn on when I arrive home. Also (not sure if this is related) Location in my dashboard always says home, and my presence sensor (phone) within Smartthings app always says present.

I’ve followed all of the steps in the linked: [Install Instructions] webCoRE Presence Sensor on your Android (beta)

I was able to click on green icon and name my presence sensor (phone).

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

Try flipping lines 18 and 20. Put the trigger first. Also, change date and time to time

Also change task cancellation to never on line 22 :slight_smile: slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ve modified per your suggestion. Will see what happens when I get home from work today.

I’m new to Webcore, so sorry if this is a silly question.

For the line 20 (as it exists in the prior screen shot), the second half of the statement is set up as ‘Compare to’ - ‘Value’ - ‘Home’; Where ‘Home’ is the name of my ‘place’ with the geofence.

Is that right?? Thanks!

It looks right. But I don’t use webcore presence so I can’t answer it. Hopefully someone else will step in and confirm for you.

Hi!

I find IFTTT much more stable as geofencing Sensor.
I’ve done something similar by using a simulated switch that turns on and off every time I leave or arrive home.The on/off it’s triggered using IFTTT.It’s way more stable than presence sensor from SmartThings.

If you need any help, let me know.i can share some links connecting webcore with ifttt, or my Welcome Home piston

Thanks! That may be a little above my pay-grade. I’ve never set up a simulated switch.

Kinda annoying…Why can’t Smartthings trigger right (lights always turned on like 10 minutes after I get home, and sometimes during daylight hours).
OR
Why can’t IFTTT just allow AND (Arrive Home AND At Night).
:wink:

Let me see how the first suggestions work before going further.

I would think until you get this corrected it probably will not work. Your piston looks good. If the sensor is never changing to away your trigger is never going to fire.

I also use a Simulated Switch to represent Presence.
(on=present… off=not present)

Creating a SimSwitch only takes about two minutes. Here is a short Wiki page that might help.

After that, go to IFTTT and make a rule like this one :slight_smile:

Thanks for everyone’s help. I’ve created the simulated switch and am now using IFTTT for the presence. Does this look right?

You may want to change $status to switch