Help with Webcore install on new ST app (or mirgration)

I have been following the conversations on the new ST app (Samsung connect) and up until this weekend have been using ST classic. I have a Samsung phone so it is constantly trying to get my to open the new app. My girlfriend looking to control the lights opened the new app clicked through the welcome stuff and finished the install.

ST IDE now shows two “home” locations. The the new home is the default Samsung installed (I can not delete) the older one being where webcore is at (and can be deleted). At this point it seems the ST classic errors out and devices were automatically moved and no longer shows in the the old home list.

I am looking for help on how to migrate webcore over to this ST connect home location. In the new ST app i clearly see webcore installed on the old location but not the new one. When looking at webcore wiki to do the install webcore portion it gives me steps for classic. I cant seem to find within the new ST where the “my smart apps” section is and the wiki has no instructions for how to install on the new ST. I am hope someone can point me in the right direction on basically how to enable webcore on this new location within new ST app.

Thank you

You can’t do that. You also can’t migrate your devices either. You need support to help you by removing the “phantom location”. I had the same thing happen when i migrated. Thought I lost all my devices and everything but it was a phantom location and they were able to get it fixed pretty fast. Once that is done, your one location will be accessible from both the New App and the Old app. however, the new app doesn’t support any of the custom DTHs yet, so it’s going to be fairly limited in functionality for the time being. I have a Samsung phone too and I just uninstalled the new app and put Classic on and everything works perfectly.

Thanks for the advice. Sent a support ticket to Samsung took them 2 days to confirm they removed the additional location. Decided to buy a non Samsung tablet to handle all the devices with additions using classic and will just ignore my phone for the time being.

You can install classic on your Samsung phone. I have an S9 and i have only classic installed on it. Not Samsung Connect.

Had the same problem. It was nothing more than a password issue. I just changed my password on the classic app then signed into the ST IDE with the new password. Both Apps cannot have the same password. Do not sign into the Samsung account.