Holiday Lights: 4th of July / Diwali / Halloween / Christmas - Your Pick

4thofjuly
diwali
halloween
christmas
holiday

great job again @bangali i’m gonna give the sounds a miss for now though. I’ve modded the previous version to give holiday name in the status and pause my normal outside lighting piston then resume @2335 and its going “LIVE” tonight. cheers for your work on this.

@borristhecat i had the same issue with my pistons this weekend strangely only for starting them. they all ended at the correct time so my test lights for this were set to start at 1025 am til 1035 am as of Saturday morning they started at 0925 until 1035. how do i do a clean up and recache?

EDIT: just found the other thread about this. will see how it goes now i have reconfigured the piston.

@AprillaEdd, funny you mentioned the piston kicked off an hour earlier. Mine did too. I’m based in Ireland and GMT clocks went back an hour on Saturday night at 2 am. I’ve a funny feeling that’s the reason :slight_smile:

thank you. just set the soundEnabled to false in the define section and it should skip all the sound stuff. if i missed anything just let me know, will fix. :slight_smile:

Hi @bangali when you have the @pauseHLCRaFp set to true the speakers stop and the lights stop changing but if you turn them off they turn back on again after a few seconds.

is this whats happening?

1. so @pauseHLCRaFp is set to true and piston is still running
  2. you turn off the lights that this piston uses
  3. after a few seconds the lights come back on but @pauseHLCRaFp is still true

is that what is happening? if yes, after they come back on do the colors start changing again?

when @pauseHLCRaFp is true it only waits within this repeat do … end repeat loop without touching any devices. so a little surprised that would happen, but will check if you can confirm the command that turned on the lights was sent from the piston. should be able to see that in the Recently tab for any of the light devices.

yes this is what is happening, but when they come back on they just come on at the colour they were and dont change. So if i then manually change the colour then turn them off they come back on at that colour.

OK, thanks. please see these questions as well:

yes just looked and the on command is constantly being sent from the piston every few seconds.

what command is it sending, on or set level? can you put the piston in trace and confirm 2 things:

1. @pauseHLCRaFp is true?
  2. do you see the 5 seconds wait timer in the repeat loop running?

yes and yes

the issue is the edits. you are checking for ALL in one place and ANY in the other for the presence sensors which is breaking the repeat do loop.

the only any i can find is outside the loop does that make a difference?

Edit: sorry just noticed it how do i fix it? as it has true and false in the loop as well

Edit: hopefully may have worked it out just testing

@bangali could you explain the last IF part of the piston to me please, to me it seems contradictory.

So it would only stop if the @pauseHLCRaFp is false ?

no. that if only runs once after 11:00pm when the while loop exits. in normal looping when it changing lights and playing sound that if is not evaluated.

so I shouldn’t need my presence in that IF? i cant get it to work correctly yet, do i need to create a variable for the presence so if one of us is there its true and if both are not there it would be false? would that work better?

i would recommend doing this:

But when you pause this piston, then resume it again it doesn’t run again till the next day? So ie if we left at 7pm then came back at 9 we would want it to continue but it wouldnt?

dont pause the piston. set the flag to true when all away and false when anyone comes back. and go back to using the honj5 piston code version.

@bangali can the new piston be used without sound, ie for those who don’t have a sound device. I’m looking through the posts and whilst the answer may be there, I may just not have seen it yet.