Holiday Lights: 4th of July / Diwali / Halloween / Christmas - Your Pick

4thofjuly
diwali
halloween
christmas
holiday

Thanks I will test that out. Right now it seems the two lights I have just turn red and that it. No fade or change. So either my A19 bulbs dont work with this or my Smart Lighting is causing it to stop or I have completely no idea what i am doing…

I was trying to do something similar with a “if ring motion true”

What is if countcolors = 0 referencing?

we will figure it out together. :slight_smile:

if an empty color string was passed in so you would just be adding an or clause to this existing if.

This should work out of the box right? Shouldnt just be stuck on red?

not for what you need. that is the piston you need to modify as shown in my previous post here:

And chance you were able to give it a try?

were you able to get this working? if you need an example just let me know.

I’m sorry I have not had a chance yet… should get some time soon though. fingers crossed tomorrow

I imported the backups and added my bulbs but it doesnt work. I want to make sure the basic code is working before I try to add something fancy with my RING.

Are there other settings I need to modify when importing your backups other than the lights?

in the scheduler piston it only executes the color change piston if certain date conditions are met. did you check/change those already?

open the same scheduler piston in edit mode check the reference to the 2nd piston is still correct.

Do I need to change/define anything else here?

04 PM

no, nothing else in that piston.

This one look ok?

I am using your old “Holiday Lights with Rotating Colors” and its working so I must be missing something stupid with these or they imported without me defining something right…

or i messed it up somewhere along the way in updating things. :slight_smile:

when i open up h7ha the lines with piston name dont have the right piston name and required me going in and manually selecting the right piston:

My colors do not switch…I dont think the args are getting passed from the scheduler to the other piston. Any ideas?

is the colors rotating piston being resumed and executed as it should from the scheduling piston?

also please edit the scheduling piston, click resume, execute and pause statements at line 65, 67 and 73 respectively and check if they have the right piston selected. like here:

posted a new version in the first post on this thread thats all in one piston.

i have just tested the piston (old 2 piston version) with 3 hue lamps and there is a 1-2 sec delay in each light change. dim up, dim down or colour change are all 1-2 seconds out of synch.

I have seen this before though on my normal living room piston if the motion detector triggers the lights come on in order lamp1 then lamp2 then lamp3. this makes me think this is a smartthings issue though as its not just this piston

give the new one piston version a shot if you get a chance. the light level changes may be more in sync.

also, its easier to test by just pressing the test button after setting fadeColors to some value.

i have tried the new version and its hard to tell if the dimming steps are in synch as they are all different colours now! (which i like)

i will play with this one more tomorrow

cheers

that’s why I made it all different colors :wink: