Holiday Lights: 4th of July / Diwali / Halloween / Christmas - Your Pick

4thofjuly
diwali
halloween
christmas
holiday

the new single piston should make it easier to cycle thru “random” colors if its not one of the defined holidays.

Extend with some Sonos sound from a halloween radio channel now.
Every 5 minutes i plays 2 minutes from this radio station with scary sounds.
input for the variable HalloweenTrack
x-rincon-mp3radio://http://144.217.253.136/proxy/bhuzoirz?mp=/stream
This on does not interfer with music if you have something running

Thanks for the Halloween radio link!!

Implemented some sound stuff in dj8tw
Total rip off from @bangali s totaly awesome piston.
Created a true / false for sound. (sonos)
This could be a good starting point for christmas also.

thanks for adding sound to the piston. thats a great idea!!! :slight_smile:

since i dont use ST connected sound devices, trying to understand how this works. the sound starts after 240 seconds and plays for 120 seconds at the start of the color change event?

cheers.

Close.
The two while´s are async so they run at the same time.
but.
when I got a number of hue bulbs (LAN)
Some z-wave bulbs and zigbee bulbs running in the same while things get messy back here.
Would recomend holding your horses on adding to many different light types :smiley:
the HUB DDOS snowman :smiley:

Thanks for confirming back you DOS-ed your hub as I mentioned in the other thread. It’s not the sound it’s the number of lights used. A dozen lights is a bit much. :wink:

I will add the sound capability to the original piston.

Yes both are async but with a with in between that’s not. Anyways shouldn’t matter for how I plan to include sounds.

Thanks again for the great idea. You are very :sunglasses:. But you knew that already :smile:

This is amazing guys! got it running at the moment! But what i want to be able to do is while this is running pause another piston that changes the lights Kelvin while we are home, also as im in the UK I also only want the speaker to run on halloween night. Am i on the right lines with what i have done?

Not at a computer. But will have a new version tonight or tomorrow am with sound integrated with options for frequency, interval etc

Just released I need to add more spanners into the works, when I leave a routine keeps the lights off and turns random ones on/ off. So what I would need is too light groups outside /inside and for the outside to still run but the inside to turn off.

caved. totally. ordered sonos play 1. coming tomorrow.

when honey finds out tomorrow and has her little “honey did you really drop 200 bucks so you could do cool stuff with a bunch of nerds on the internet?” chat with me, you know all of you that have been going sonos this and sonos that on these forums for months? yep, you know who you are - i am blaming you :exclamation: :wink:

:sunglasses: I’m with you on that, I’ve been itching to get one but justifying it to the wife will be hard. It’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission is my motto.:grin:

Trying to add in somewhere the ability to pause the piston when someone arrives or the pizza guy is at the door etc. I want it to pause for 10 min turn on security spot light,front door lights and garage light (to say bring in the groceries) then resume and turn off the security lights front door lights and garage light. I added it to my “I’m back” routine and it executes just fine but problem is the lights will not turn off and the lighting piston does not resume. Any ideas?

Wait for tomorrow evening or Sunday morning. There was another user that requested something like this. The new version of the piston will address it.

Objection sir!!!
:snowman_with_snow:

The hub, often refered to as the “cheap part” :smiley:

@bangali our Halloween party is tonight.
I alread have my sonos speakers. (7 of them when I start counting, so expect more of those $ out the windows. Did I mention soround?)
Il settle for my piston until your brand new build come along :smiley:
Suspect this Christmas will be awesome in both lights and sounds :smiley:
:snowman:

Can’t wait :grin: going to be awesome!

@bangali you won’t regret it SONOS speakers are awesome!

pffft … you top the list dear sir! mwah-hah-hah :japanese_goblin::ghost::japanese_ogre:

heres a new version that adds sound and allows pausing and resuming lights and sounds. since halloween is almost here putting this out so hopefully folks can try this and provide feedback if they find any issues.

to pause the light and sound this uses a global variable called @pauseHLCRaFp please create this global boolean variable and set it to false before restoring this piston. once this piston is running, set this variable to true to pause and false to resume.

how often the sound is played is controlled by the playSoundEveryNthLoop. if you want sound to play always set it to 0. otherwise set to some positive integer number 2…N.

i will sticky this in the first post once there is some feedback.

EDIT: try this one: