Hubitat Elevation

That’s good to know. Get ready for questions :slight_smile:

Realised I needed to surrender my Hubless Badge lol

Opps… not thinking when I wrote this simple piston… deadly loop!!

But jeeeeeeeez, webCoRE is fast on HE!!!

Do backups work, or green/red snapshots?

yep… bin codes work for backup and restore.

Just imported this bad boy… My Alarm Clock!!

Device handler works. Piston imported well (but didn’t offer the macro to choose devices, not a big deal)… hopefully I’ll get a nice gentle wake up in the morning!

It worked, I had a nice wake up lol… if Hubitat can handle that I’m fairly confident most things will work :smile:

Good for you! Now go be productive lol

Been there done that… just got home from work lol (17:45 here in gloomy U.K.) :uk:

I forget about the time diff… still working on my morning coffee.

Do you still have any devices on ST at your current home?

The house I live in (rented) is still a dumb house, bar a few smart devices I’m bench testing (in the bedroom lol).

My other house with tennants in is still on ST and will remain that way, I have no intention of breaking / reinventing the wheel on that setup.

And I’m still not 100% sold on HE, it is lacking a good UI / mobile app, which right now is a deal breaker for me!

My home setup is somewhat smart but not fully automated. ST going down is an inconvenience but not OHMYGOD what are going to do kind of situation. Local operation is cool but not enough for me to start unpairing my devices and then moving it over, BUT it would be a whole different story if my ST hub craps out lol. No choice there… version 1 kickstarter hub still going!

I’d save that one. There was someone on this or the ST board wanting to created a haunted house, lol.

I replied to him on ST… all he needs to do is send a toggle command to every light in the house every 3 seconds and his house will go crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mesh network popcorn effect will make sure everything is random haha

I’m thinking about buying one of these to play around. I just want to make sure I understand webcore with Hubitat. All pistons run locally? webcore interface to create the pistons is the only part that’s not local?

Correct, you still need the web UI to create and edit pistons, but instead of saving pistons into the ST cloud, they are saved directly onto the Hubitat hub and run 100% local.

They’ve said the mobile app wont have a tile interface i.e. no device control as we know it… so the app sounds like it will be fairly usless IMHO.

I’m running the old school SmartTiles as I was lucky enough to still have the source code, but anyone who doesn’t have the code can’t do that (licence prevents it being shared).

Maybe @CosmicPuppy would consider helping people privately under condition of not sharing publicly? I currently have 5.3.3 but would love to upgrade to 5.7 :frowning: (@CosmicPuppy I would pay for 5.7 if it works on Hubitat :wink: )

Distribution of any version of SmartTiles™ is violation of Copyright and the License granted with the source code.

Using a copy which you have obtained through illegal distribution is also a copyright violation.

*  This software if free for Private Use. You may use and modify the software without distributing it.
 *  This software and derivatives may not be used for commercial purposes.
 *  You may not modify, distribute or sublicense this software.
 *  You may not grant a sublicense to modify and distribute this software to third parties not included in the license.
 *  Software is provided without warranty and the software author/license owner cannot be held liable for damages.
 *  Copyright © 2014 Alex Malikov

Please respect the intellectual property rights of developers. While we support open source development and the various types of open source licenses available, please note that SmartTiles was never released under an unrestricted license. The copyright was owned by Alex Malikov and transferred to our partnership, Thingterfaces™ LP.

Alex Malikov and Thingterfaces LP have not relinquished any of our rights under copyright protection laws. All intellectual property, including, but not limited to, trademarks and source code of SmartTiles in any form, is the property of Thingterfaces LP. We reserve the right to pursue civil and/or criminal prosecution remedies from violators under the DCMA and/or any applicable intellectual property protections at any time.

Thank-you,
…Terry Gauchat
COO Thingterfaces Inc
for Thingterfaces LP

If you have any questions regarding our copyrighted and/or licensed property, please contact [email protected]

ActionTiles, SmartTiles, Thingterfaces, the “house/tiled wall” logo and other associated original logo and icon designs are trademarks of Thingterfaces LP. All rights reserved.

As noted in the post immediately prior to this one, it is essentially impossible to prevent the distribution of source code, despite copyright and clearly expressed licensing restrictions.

If we distributed SmartTiles™ v5.7 in source code from for use on Hubitat, we would have a very difficult time of ensuring it wasn’t illegally used for SmartThings as well.

Folks interested in ActionTiles™ for Hubitat should view and follow the relevant Topic on the ActionTiles feedback Forum: https://support.actiontiles.com/communities/12/topics/3345-support-for-hubitat#comment-14599

You need to respect the licence as Terry notes above… I don’t mind stealing software from greasy corporations but not small businesses.

I have 5.3.3 anyway… was hoping to upgrade.

That said, I’ve just discovered the Alexa smart home interface… looks quite nice.