[Install Instructions] webCoRE Presence Sensor on your iPhone (beta)

HI,

Just installing the IOS WebCoRE app, and i have my home place defined and moving onto step 6 of the instructions, and i click on the Setup Sensor button. I type in my sensor name and hit save. I have tried hitting apply and nothing happens and tried waiting for the green button to disappear but never does. Not sure what i am missing everything seemed to go smooth up until this point.

THanks in advance !

Jeff

I found my mistake, and all is working now!

It helps others if you post what the solution was.

Missing DTH?

Yes it was the issue :disappointed:

hi,
with app webore IOS, I have to send in the same PM to @ady624 ?
Thanks guys!

No, itā€™s now in the iOS App Store so no need to request an invite.

Hi,

Do i still neet to send a pm to "ady624"
I have webcore on my android but when i click ā€œSetup sensorā€ in the settings page.
It asks for a name but nothings happens.

No PMā€™s required.

Have you installed the device handler from @ady624ā€™s GitHub Repo?

sorry that was my mistake.

Thank you

I am sure that I need to build a delay in my piston to account for the varying accuracy.

How would you go about this?

I have a piston I am working on in the piston help forum:

Question about the ā€œFloorā€ indicator in the ST Tile ā€¦ how is that configured - would love it if it can differentiate ā€œHome 1st Floorā€ from ā€œHome 2nd Floorā€ or basement etc

It appears to be ā€œUnknown Floorā€ regardless of where I am

(or is this a future feature?)

Itā€™s very limited to certain buildings.

https://www.google.com/maps/about/partners/indoormaps/

For the vast majority of us itā€™s of no use at allā€¦ but itā€™s in the Google API so @ady624 included the attribute.

You could possibly tinker with altitude and IF ā€˜betweenā€™ statements, but Iā€™ve never tested the accuracy.

Thanks @Robin - along the lines of what I thought but it was worth a shot :slight_smile:

Is the Webcore presence sensor more reliable than the iPhone presence sensor?

I have two Android and two iPhones and the iPhoneā€™s are not reliable at all. Iā€™m wondering if I force them to download the Webcore app if it will be more reliable?

Can I add this app to iPhoneā€™s that are not on the ST platform? Case use: Iā€™m on vacation and my sister is pet sitting (just coming to feed cats). The ST presence fob is a POS. The only time my sisters presence would trigger is when my house is in Vacation! mode.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Yes you can do this. I have a couple set up for family members.

Side note: Please check the ST forum for a PM from @Robin to verify your username.

Thank you @c1arkbar!!!

Hi guys,

@ady624 great work! Thank you very much!

I must be missing something but I canā€™t figure out how to install the DH from Github. I already have the WebCore DH installed. When I try to Update from Repo, there is nothing in the three columns. I tried to install it manually via the link in the first post but it gives me an error message.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Youā€™re probably trying to install it under smartapps instead of device handlers.

I am so blind. Thank you, @Robin!