Lights will not turn off

1) Give a description of the problem
The lights do not turn off

2) What is the expected behaviour?
The lights should turn off

3) What is happening/not happening?
I thought maybe it had something to do with mixing LIFX with ZWave devices, so I separated them, but they do not turn off

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Where is your trigger?

Currently, this piston will never execute unless something EXTERNAL activates itā€¦

Try putting a small delay before the turn off. Maybe 2 seconds to begin with.

@WCmore Another piston calls it. This allows me to troubleshoot more effectively and less invasively.
@Rizlah I tried 5 seconds previously and it didnā€™t seem to help.

Your piston does not look badā€¦ (although I would drop the useless ASYNCs)

Please clear your log, turn level to Full and post here after an error so we can see what is happening behind the scenesā€¦

Side Note:

I never mix Dimmers, Outlets and/or Switches in the same commandā€¦
(If I must group commands, itā€™s always by Device Handlers)

@WCmore, Thanks. I separated by DTH. I also removed the asyncs, but donā€™t understand why. Wouldnā€™t they make the separate statements execute at the same time? Hereā€™s the current version:

Iā€™ll get the log later when I have a chance to test.

With SmartThings, there is no such thing as ā€œat the same timeā€ā€¦ Every single command/step/trigger/action is handled one at a time.

ASYNCs do have a purpose, but they are rarely needed, and they often causes strange behavior in an otherwise working piston. (I use them in less than 1% of my pistons)

Looking at the trace, it appears that (maybe like you just said) each LIFX bulbā€™s color gets changed one at a time (in series) taking 2-3 sec per bulb! Is there no way to force these sort of commands to run in parallel?

Most commands take 10-30ms each to executeā€¦ 2-3 seconds per bulb is not normal! I wonder what else you got going on over thereā€¦

Edit:

Donā€™t go by the times in the Traceā€¦ Go by the times in the Full logā€¦

Yeah, this might have something to do with my LIFX bulbs all showing duplicate ā€˜placeholderā€™ devices recently. I think LIFX has been changing some things with their API and/or Connect SmartApp lately causing some strange behavior. Iā€™m awaiting clarification from them. For now, Iā€™ll probably just take the color and color temp change out of the piston.

For what itā€™s worth, color changes takes a bit longer than on/off commandsā€¦ but still should be under a half second each.

You can easily test your network by turning off your PlayStation/Steam, Netflix/Hulu & current downloads to see if the piston responds quickerā€¦ (since even ā€œdumbā€ devices can make your home network congested)

Pro Tip:

Some routers let you prioritize trafficā€¦ I usually make the ST hub the #1 priorityā€¦
(the test above will tell you if itā€™s worth tweaking QoS in your household)

@WCmore, Thank you. I have an Orbi router system which I donā€™t think has a configurable QoS capability.

Iā€™ve forked this part of the conversation to here - LIFX lights turning on in sequence takes too long