Mobile app for webCoRE

Planning on writing a mobile app for webCoRE (both iOS and Android). Here are the features I plan for, please come up with ideas to improve it:

1. dashboard access (pretty much web wrapper for dashboard.webcore.co)
  2. virtual presence sensor per install (creates one virtual presence sensor in the ST environment)
  3. multiple location geofences with events departed/arrived location (i.e. arrived home, departed work, etc.)
  4. close-to-real-time location and ability to calculate distance from geofences (i.e how many miles away from home - as-the-crow-flies)
  5. ability to create multiple events as a user ā€œapproachesā€ a location - i.e. turn the A/C lower when Iā€™m coming home and Iā€™m so many miles away.
  6. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll figure out MORE stuff you want/need and Iā€™ll have to deny them

PS: You know me, when I say ā€œplanning onā€ it means I am already working on it, right? :smiley:

Communities' suggestions/reviews on presense sensing

Wow thatā€™s a wonderful news.

You can count on me to give you plenty of ideas. The firsts I have on top of my head would be ::

-Ability to create multiple customized mini-dashboard (I.e. showing only tiles from 1 or 2 pistons) and ability for the app to open directly to those customized mini-dashboard.

-Ability to send personalized push notification that links to those custom mini-dashboard when you click on it.

My use case would be with my 3 inventory management pistons. Iā€™d like that a button press on a Xiaomi switch results in pushing a notification leading to the correct mini-dashboard.

-Might be handy to have user management/access level

-If possible, easier/more functional piston editing on mobile

-A big fat donate button :wink:

-Any data analytics would be perfect

-Integration with other apps, like Health for instanceā€¦ I already envision a piston checking at night if I walked 10k steps and activate my speaker to yell at me to get out if I didnā€™t!

All that being said, I know iOS is a limitative platform and not all of those suggestions might be possible.

What you want is coming in the shape of visors. Real time updates and customizable content. The dashboard was never meant for a quick status visualization. It just inexplicably became that. @ahndee may be ultimately guilty of that. I reckon.

So I need to get one of this smart phones?
Or will it support WAP?
nokia
I suspect you already thinking about making a tablett version also?
:snowman_with_snow:

WAP sounds like the plan - and yeah, both apps need to support both view sizes. But that Nokia 3210 (or is it the newer 3310?!) brings back memory. Gotta have webCoRE run on that. Or at least bring Snake into webCoRE or somethingā€¦ argh

Wow this is awesome news! I hope Samsung is slipping you some five figure payments under the table to make their platform actually useful.

• User accounts (give a friend temporary access to certain devices)
  • Push notifications with response buttons

Would upgrade ST to a new level!!!
Good request!

This would be phenomenal.
If you could have something where you give a guest a login to your WebCoRE, or a some type of auth code that expires (you set prior to issue) that has a basic dashboard/smarttiles like setup with devices you select for that user to have access to. And possibly a guest virtual presence sensor that adds at beginning of registration, and deletes after it expires, with the geofence active.

This would be great for door lock/garage door access only while token is valid, they donā€™t get your code, only a tile in their guest panel in the app.

Love this idea!

The planned addition of geofence capabilities is something Iā€™ve dreamed of having for a while - and honestly thought it should be part of SmartThings in the first place. But here @ady624 comes to add it!

My use case: I have Away versus Home modes to run my HVAC settings, etc. However, I run them via virtual switches or voice commands because the current single geofence - which I use for arrival lights, maybe eventually security, etc is too close to home to be fully useful due to the heat or A/C recovery time. (i.e., itā€™d still be to cold or too warm at arrival). Being able to keep the existing geofence and add other(s) would be perfect for me.

Thank you for working on this!

AWESOME! Have been using life360 because of poor performance with ST app. Sounds like this might be the solution to all of my arrival sensor issues!

@ady624 oh, I forgot!! Where do I apply for alpha/beta testing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome news! @ady624

My only request, in addition to what has already been suggested and what youā€™re already planning, is just a really nice, smooth, contemporary UXā€¦ I just like things to look pretty :rofl:

It will start off by simply being a web wrapper for dashboard.webcore.co and most importantly visors (providing some control abilities) - but thatā€™s all HTML that can be done in a web page. Plus the underlying logic for geofencing and GPS updates.

Multifactor Presence

Made progress tonight to where the iOS app displays the dashboard and has bidirectional communication with it - it can register for locations in the background and gets notified when entering or exiting the location. It also sends a notification to the webCoRE smart app - which means all I have to do now is really build the UI for declaring these locations.

iOS allows up to 20 such circular regions and I am using 2 per location. Two centered circles, one smaller and one larger, you need to enter the smaller one to arrive and exit the larger one to exit - this should cut off on a lot of false positives. So in all, I will provide up to 10 locations and an emhanced virtual presence device. One of the 10 locations will be primary, driving the ā€œpresenceā€ attribute. Another will be ā€œclosestLocationā€ and provide the name of the location closest to the user, say home or work. Another one will be ā€œactiveLocationā€ which will be the location at which the user currently is, or empty if the user is at none. Makes sense? This way you can say:

If userā€™s activeLocation changes to ā€œworkā€ <<< this means you arrived at work

Communities' suggestions/reviews on presense sensing

This is awesome!! I canā€™t wait for this to launch!

This is gonna be awe.some.

This is on a real phone :wink:

Time to test with the app closed :wink:

Yet ST canā€™t get presence to work reliably, or add more-than-basic functional DTHs, keep rendering consistent across OSs ā€¦ the list goes on.

One has to ask, how come Ady can churn out all this functionality at the rate he does ā€¦ and it works.

I get it, ST have infrastructure and politics to deal with but good grief. Talk about an opportunity missed.