[DEPRECIATED]....... Post Withdrawn By Author!

awesome! Any idea on a beta?

coming in the next couple of days if i can stop myself from coding up something else every time i think i am done. :unamused:

Hahahahah

totally not funny. :smile: if i knew ST as well as wC probably go faster so learning along the way.

very nice keep up good work

i have a few other ideas on this but if i dont get this out i will keep tinkering. this is definitely BETA maybe even ALPHA, with that here goes:

install and self publish the DTH:

install and self publish the rooms manager app:

install and self publish the rooms child app:

go to my apps in ST app, install rooms manager app and create rooms. see possible states for rooms in this post:

add rooms to webcore under sensor devices and have fun. :smile:

please post bugs/comments here because i dont want to hijack this thread anymore than i already have:

EDIT: updated URLs and pictures.

Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

thank you. that was quick :smile:

also, please try out the away mode concept if you can and tell me what you think of it.

right. it gives you the option to select Away mode for your location. once selected if the location mode changes to the selected mode the room will be changed to ‘vacant’ state if it is in any other state.

something like that. for all i know some user could select Out and about as their away mode so didnt want to presume away is called away. but will put supporting multiple away modes on my to do list if i see requests for it.

correct. :slight_smile:

bangali,

Great job on the DTH/Smartapp and Baz2473 as well for the original idea and DTH. Suggestion for the Away mode, is there a way to support more than 1 away mode? I have both Away and Vacation for location modes and would like to use both location modes with the DTH…

Edit: Just noticed this was on your list already on the other thread that I didn’t see until now.

thank you.

coming tomorrow …

updated github:

https://community.webcore.co/t/rooms-occupancy-dth-with-states-for-rooms-to-use-in-wc-st/1813/7?u=bangali

I’ve installed it! I have one question… How do your pistons looks?

The reason I ask is that when you make the room, you put in all the pertinent info, so what exactly needs to go in the piston?

@elmetal and @Baz2473 as you both point out users are able to use the DTH standalone or with the smartapp. if you use the smartapp it allows automation of common tasks associated with rooms. but, all of those automation thru the smartapp is optional. if you leave a settings option blank, the automation is simply skipped but you still get one place to view all your rooms in the smartapp.

while the automation is convenient for simple tasks there are many other tasks that the smartapp does not address and will not address that you need to use wC for. here are a couple of examples:

1. if you want to change level or color of the lights in the room when the room changes to occupied depending on time of day.
  2. if you want to dim the lights slightly when there is no motion for a while before the room changes to vacant.
  3. if you have AC zones, you can use the room states that are not vacant to decide which AC zones should have what thermostat setting.

… the possibilities are still endless. :smile:

Can I ask about nbq2 lines 68-77?

It says if alarm is strobe and door is closed, to go to strobe and siren.

then it checks again for door closed and strobe+siren, to then just siren.

What is the point of that step? Why not just… go from strobe to siren?

Also I was thinking of using strobe for occupancy while open, siren for door closed after strobe, and then strobe+siren for motion detected while door closed (and door is still closed) which means 100% there is someone in the room.

Does this make sense?

Reason being, these pistons aren’t quite getting it when I’m in the room with the door closed.

Ah hah! I see what I did wrong… I didn’t see the waitsensor on the strobe and siren while “checking” for occupancy in the room. I just adjusted my xiaomi sensor motion sensing to not be “motion” for a whole minute, because it fell into the exact situation you described. It would sense motion, and claim “motion” for a whole minute, so if you left the room and closed the door it would be Siren and never turn off.

I tried his method but I already have everything up and running!

What are some benefits to how he has it set up currently? I can’t exactly see how to make it better.

yes the links had broken when i updated github to confirm to ST. fixed now.

sorry. thank you.

see this post for the common tasks for rooms handled by the smartapp:

It looks like a few of you are using the Xiaomi sensors for this. I know they have a 1 minute blind time so do they work that well for this project? I am looking to get some motion sensors for this project and the price of those are so tempting…