Pollen and Air Quality

This would make a great built in feature, to go alongside the existing weather integration.

@ady624 @ipaterson @webCoRE_Minions

#Christmas_Wishlist

@JohnHoke you may be interested in checking out these DTHs :point_up_2:

seems like using the pollen.com one to put together a piston should be fairly easy. if you do put one together do share so i can use it also :slight_smile:

thanks.

Oh - I’m going to have to play with this a bit before allergy season … just wish I could find a thermostat for my HVAC that is smart … damn you carrier two zone hell

Then at least I could do something about it like turn on the fan circulation to filter the inside air better :slight_smile:

You could always push the fan button with one of these:

Hmmm… need to look at it to see if it can hit the tiny button :slight_smile:

You’d just need to place a packer in the right spot… if you’ve got the model I think you have the button is slightly recessed… nothing a lump of plastic can’t solve.

trust @Robin to come up with a microbot … didnt even know those things existed :slight_smile:

Where there’s a will there’s a way!

Not cheap btw… needs the prota hub and it’s a clunky IFTTT integration I’m afraid.

@jdroberts uses them over on the ST forum.

Its a two zone Comfort II thermostat on the first floor (zone1) and the second floor (zone 2) only has a thermometer/sensor so not entirely sure … will be having my HVAC guy take a look and see what we can come up with when I hit the lottery LOL

@johnhoke Does the EcoBee or Nest support two zone comfort? I thought Ecobee allowed you to have two of its thermostats together. I could be misguided as I am only a single zone, single stage furnace owner (such a shame when I get my bill every month).

I called EcoBee and they said my furnace/thermo was not supported … Working from home today … lemme go get a pic of the stuff :slight_smile:

In order to keep this thread on topic - I created the following for the HVAC discussion

Back to the Pollen and AirNow DTHs …

I’ve got them installed and running mucking around with setting log statements based on values … all looks great … issue I have is that I wish the device looked better in the mobile app … looks like crap on my iPhone:

I guess its time to really dig in and figure out the Tile bits in the dev docs

That said - if there was no need to view this on mobile (which there really isnt I guess) then integrating the APIs into WC similarly to Wunderground would be amazing

pretty straightforward stuff but if you need any help with it ping me.