Possible bug in "set color"?

when I use the “set color” command, the log shows that it’s also setting the level to 50, even if I didn’t send a “set level” command, and the level was something else, i.e. 80.

setcolor

to get around this, I can immediately send a “set level” command to the value I want, but sometimes I can see the light try to switch to 50 and then quickly to 80, so that’s not ideal.

Is it possible to simply omit the “level” portion, when using the set color command?

Fibaro RGBW and Philips HUE Master Color Piston

Color is a combination of hue, level, saturation. If you want to control level, try just setting H and S with level at 100.

Bingo. I figured that out the hard way LOL. Now what I do is issue the color command first, then the set level command. I find with Hue bulbs, I need a 1 second wait between the commands. And now I issue a set level to 1% first as I find some of my further out bulbs respond better to the color command if they are already on.

I understand that colors = HSL, but there is still some inconsistency. For bulbs, the level is brightness, not level in the conventional sense of H/S/L values (like this: http://hslpicker.com) because if that were the case, level=100 would ALWAYS be white regardless of the hue value, and that’s not what happens. (at least not for my philips bulbs)

So maybe I need to set up a lookup table of sorts, and send the corresponding hue & saturation values simulataneously, and leave the brightness alone.

My bulbs are also Phillips Hue and I have found they consistently set the level to 50% for any color, so long as you set the bulb using the color naming conventions. If you do the HSL approach, you can specify the level, but not the case with the names.

That right there. I think webcore should have better manners than that :slight_smile: