Request: ADT/ST Security System Support

The ADT/ST security system was released about a week ago and it would be awesome if support was officially added for it. I’ve actually been working with webCoRE and the panel extensively and I’ve already discovered the following when it comes to triggering things:

• The ADT panel is correctly identified in webCoRE as a ‘multisource powered device’.
  • Disarming the alarm works by selecting the ‘custom disarm()’ command.
  • Arming the system in ‘stay’ and ‘away’ mode does not work by default. Using the custom ‘armStay’ and ‘armAway’ commands do nothing. However, this can be fixed by adding a string parameter with a value of ‘armedStay’ or ‘armedAway’. Basically, the ADT panel requires ED at the end of the arming commands.
  • It is currently not possible to trigger an alarm in webCoRE. However, I believe it may be possible to do so. The ADT panel uses the ‘alarm’ attribute, which relies on a new ‘security system’ capability. To trigger an alarm, the deviceID of the sensor is used as the value.
  • It is not currently possible to bypass any sensor in webCoRE.

Noteworthy new and undocumented ST capabilities:

• The ADT panel introduces the ‘security system’ capability. It uses the attributes ‘alarm’ and ‘securitySystemStatus’.
  • The keyfob introduces a ‘panic alarm’ capability. It uses ‘panic’ and ‘clear’.
  • All door/window sensors and motion sensors introduce a ‘bypassable’ capability. It uses ‘bypassStatus’.

Have you been able to figure out any additional commands? I would love to figure out when I input a user code into my door lock that is valid (and matches a user code in the panel) then disarm the alarm. 3 story house with 2 little kids so making it to the alarm in 60 seconds can be tough