Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

rooms
manager
occupancy
rules
automation

well if you are using the webcore presence sensor and set that to asleep the room will also to alseep. is that what you mean?

but since you ask :grin: these are on my backlog to consider:

1. allow for a switch to set room to asleep. this would be similar to the switch in the engaged settings but in the asleep settings. this is fairly simple to doā€¦
  2. allow rules to set room state. so you could set up a rule on weekdays change room to asleep state at 10pm and end asleep state at 6:30am. this one is a little trickier and will require some thinking through to implement.

open to other ideas. :smiley:

1. allow for a switch to set room to asleep. this would be similar to the switch in the engaged settings but in the asleep settings. this is fairly simple to doā€¦
  2. allow rules to set room state. so you could set up a rule on weekdays change room to asleep state at 10pm and end asleep state at 6:30am. this one is a little trickier and will require some thinking through to implement.

I have already implemented #1 by making a virtual switch that I can turn on to switch the webcore presence sensor to asleep.

I was hoping to avoid #2 since my schedule can be a bit too variable! Was hoping there may be something I didnā€™t think about, but I will keep thinking about it!

I greatly appreciate all the help. All your work has really made this app great.

true but not everyone uses the webcore presence sensor so it might still be useful for most users.

well working on listening to user breathing pattern but till then its unfortunately manual :wink:

you are welcome! thank you.

(i am not working on listening to user breathing pattern. thats a joke. please dont ask me later why that feature is missing.) :grinning:

First I want to say this app is awesome so far and really like the approach your taking and speed at which you are pumping out updates.

I know that you have implemented rules - just not a fan of the once you create them they are there forever bit. I know this is not on you but on ST.

so I am working on using pistons with the occupancy states. I have added them to webcore and looking at options to get the complexity I need while also simplifying my pistons at the same time.

I noticed when the DTH changes states there are 2 actions that occur in the st mobile app. 1 is the button push corresponding to the state - then the value of the state change. What is the best method for the if statement a changes to value or button push for monitoring change to start piston?

thank you. wanted to get the first batch of major features out soon as i could. then sort of bake it for a while, let folks use it and fix any issues reported. then go for second batch probably next month.

yeah me neither.

the only reason i added buttons is so typical apps could manipulate room states like ST lighting app etc etc. when using in wC i would go with if rooms occupancy changes to ā€˜stateā€™

Why not just use the tiles in WebCoRE? :wink:

Can those tiles be setup to be interacted with on various devices? For example, can I have the webcore tiles displayed on a tablet that I could then interact with to turn on/off things?

yes.

That is awesome!

No need for action tiles then!

check out @bfara83 tiles here:

the man loves his tiles. :smile:

not sure if they are configured to be actionable but thats an easy change with this starting point

I have my rooms humming along nicely.

I experimented with creating 2 rules for a room as follows:

Global Lux: 800

Rule #1:

Choose from time: = Sunrise
To time?: = 10:00pm
Turn ON which switches: Dimmer #1
Set level when turning ON: = 100

Rule #2:

Choose from time: = 10:01 PM
To time?: = Sunrise
Set level when turning ON: = 20%

I was pleasantly surprised that at 10:01 PM, the light lowered to 20%

This leads me to my question :grin:

Say I wanted different lux levels to to step the lights up/down based on the lux level, can that be done?

Here is how I think it might be done based on the above results. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Rule #1:

What lux value?: 800
Set level when turning ON: = 100%

Rule #2:

What lux value?: 1000
Set level when turning ON: = 80%

Rule #3:

What lux value?: 1200
Set level when turning ON: = 60%

Etc.

Would the light in the above case, ā€œdim,ā€ as the lux value rose, and would it increase light as the lux fell past the threshold?

Thank you

yes the rules are expected to work that way.

yes i do the same for my water plant thingy throughout the day starting at 7:30am and turning them off at 10:30pm at various level and color temperature setting.

In defence of ActionTiles the Dashboard doesnā€™t run in kiosk mode. You have to have the dashboard logged in and all itā€™s glory exposed to whoever wants to touch other things. No?

now that rules have lux settings i am thinking of removing the main lux threshold from lux settings.

anyone objects? or sees a value in having it that i may be missing?

thanks.

Ofcourse it has itā€™s proā€™s and cons

In my opinion it can be removed.

IMO. It can be removed

Once you understand it its fine. By removing it, it may remove people confusion.

This easter egg, is it the power on/off button !!!

nice work, indeed it is.

as the winner of the easter egg hunt you get to pick the next feature i should build after the release this week.

name your feature :smiley: