Slow for the last 3-4 days?

Yes. It’s been intermittent and thus hard to pin down, but I’ve been suspicious of the same.

Seeing this at both my house and my parents house. I use a piston in webcore to auto-lock the doors. It is definitely missing a bunch of executions over the course of the last couple of days.

Add me to this list

My evening lights wouldn’t kick in (based on Lux) until I went into the Weather app on Smartthings classic and forced a refresh.

Everything has just been “off” of late.

2 things lead me to suspect webcore:

1. Smart things status lists no outages
  2. Everyhting works fine andy snappy from Alexa

Is there a way to run a private webcore instance with smart things like there is with hubitat?

That is only the dashboard. All of the pistons are resident on your ST Cloud and in the Hubitat Hub. So, even if you could run a local interface for designing your pistons, they would still execute in the ST cloud.

Lots of people are having issues since the last update to the ST hub.
The status page does not always reflect the issues that people are experiencing. I would never rely on it.

Sonos speakers & Ring doorbell (MP3 playback issues)

Definitely seeing some very wonky behavior – triggers not being recognized, pistons being called but not executed, etc. Makes me realize how dependent I’ve become on all this. :crazy_face:

I don’t know what features I am missing on the later hub versions but I am still on V1 and everything has been rock solid for nearly a year. All automatons are handled with webCore. From the sound of things I’m glad I haven’t upgraded. Bought a V2 hub when it first came out but never changed to it because of the migration hassle.

Also a v1 user here and no funky stuff happening that I can tell. I also have simple pistons only so that may be a factor also. I have a hubitat hub plugged in with a couple devices… just so I can say I have one lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL … well, just got mine last week. Haven’t even opened the box yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re also missing out on the firmware-update fiasco that seems to be hitting some folks every time ST decides to … do their thing :wink:

The only slowness I’m experiencing at the moment are the phone present sensors — anywhere from 5 mins. to several hours late :angry: However, I’ve switched to using Tasker/SharpTools/AutoLocation for presence, and that’s been working great. I may switch back to using the phones if/when that situation gets ironed out.

Yes, I was seeing that yesterday as well.

I used that as well for a while, but after the Oreo update it became unreliable. :frowning:

Hmmm … our phones are on oreo … no problems. What I’ve done, though, is to have the Location Monitoring (in AutoLocation) running whenever BT connects with the cars … and have it poll at 2 sec. intervals.

Interesting idea. But wouldn’t that consume a lot of battery for longer drives? I don’t tend to keep my phone plugged in. Don’t want to drift too off-topic here …

AutoLocation has the ability to change the polling frequency at will…

I have mine programmed for fast polls (5 sec) when I first get in my car, but if I leave the county, the polling slows down to 30 seconds. Once I am 75+ miles away from my house, it will only poll once per minute. This gives me precision when I need it, but long battery life for extended trips.

And to bring it full circle, when my phone disconnects from my car’s Bluetooth, the polling automatically returns to a normal speed. (and captures my current location in case I forget where I parked :thinking:)

Weird Presence Issue

What @WCmore said :smile:

Been seeing issues as well. Seems like it comes and goes… things work fine for a while then get slugish.

My setup was pretty vanilla, following the instructions in the ST community. I never took the time to get more familiar with AutoLocation or SharpTools. Are you making those polling adjustments via tasker, or is this something within AutoLocation itself?

Maybe I should split this off into another thread. :smile:

I believe, the GeoFences size and pins have to be created in AutoLocation, but once that is done, everything else can be done directly in Tasker.

The general structure I use is:

• When phone connects to car, begin monitoring every 5 seconds & turn off SimSwitch
  • When I exit the 2 mile geofence, begin monitoring every 15 seconds
  • When I exit the 20 mile geofence, begin monitoring every 30 seconds
  • When I exit the 75 mile geofence, begin monitoring every 60 seconds
  • When I enter the 75 mile geofence, begin monitoring every 30 seconds
  • When I enter the 20 mile geofence, begin monitoring every 15 seconds
  • When I enter the 2 mile geofence, begin monitoring every 5 seconds
  • When phone disconnects from my car, capture location & end monitoring
  • When phone connects to my home WiFi, end monitoring & turn on SimSwitch

Most of the Profile options can be found in:
► Tasker > Profiles > (+) > State > Plugin > AutoLocation > GeoFences > Configure

Most of the Tasks options can be found in:
► Tasker > Tasks > (+) > Plugin > AutoLocation > Activities > Configure
but there is also important options available in:
► Tasker > Tasks > (+) > Plugin > AutoLocation > Location > Configure

One of these days I may make a write up for this (showing how to integrate the results in webCoRE).

Finally took another look at my tasker/sharptools/autolocation setup today. I suppose it helps if SharpTools is actually subscribed to presence. Not sure how that ever got changed, but … doh. :man_facepalming: