SmartThings Scene as an Action

SmartThings now gives us the ability to create scenes. Can webCoRE set one of these scenes as an Action? I have several Pistons that change lights in the same way based on different triggers and it would be nice to set that once in a scene and then have my Pistons reference that scene rather than entering state, color, temperature, brightness over and over.

Create a routine in Smartthings that triggers the scene then go in web core and make a piston that triggers that routine

Will there be no other solution for this? While it works it’s not a very pretty solution…

Agreed, having to trigger one object just for the sole reason of triggering another object seems unnecessary and silly. I’d like for this to be officially considered as a feature request.

Anything further on this? Triggering a routine to activate a scene is clunky.

+1 for this feature

+1 Scenes can be a really nice way to take some complexity out of Webcore, while allowing for on the fly tweaking in the SmartThings mobile app. I’ve currently changed my lighting automatons to scenes and am creating a routine for every one of them. Bloats up the UI, would be nice to be able to call scenes from Webcore.

+1 more important than a dashboard

ST is yet to provide public APIs that trigger scenes which is why webcore cannot yet support scenes directly.

Any update on this? Scenes are where it’s at.

Just throwing this out there…

I create all the scenes I want entirely in webCoRE. This makes for easy adjustments and easy activation, without jumping thru hoops, or using two different apps.
(this also lets scenes appear differently based on time of day, temperature etc)

Be good if you could also add a scene trigger too so when a scene is run, can set extra actions in webcore that you can’t add in ST (locking my car for one). This would be useful to me as the Scenes buttons appear at the top of my Samsung smartTV app (rather than adding simulated buttons/switches that appear at the end of the device list)

You can use the new smarthings REST api.

Just get a personal token, and then you can send a webrequest from webcore. I just tried it out and it works ok. Instructions are here: