SMS to t-mobile

**1) I am no longer getting SMS messages from any piston. They just stopped. I didn’t make any changes and like others in the forum, my tests from new pistons don’t work either … but the logs show it sent???

**2) I should be getting SMS messages

**3) They were working.

**4)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full

+1ms ╔Received event [Living Room Motion].motion = active with a delay of 78ms
+58ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 15ms > PS > 33ms > PE > 10ms > CE
+60ms ║Runtime (37476 bytes) successfully initialized in 33ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (58ms)
+61ms ║╔Execution stage started
+68ms ║║Comparison (enum) active changes_to (string) active = true (1ms)
+70ms ║║Cancelling condition #5’s schedules…
+71ms ║║Condition #5 evaluated true (5ms)
+72ms ║║Cancelling condition #1’s schedules…
+72ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated true (state changed) (7ms)
+74ms ║║Cancelling statement #3’s schedules…
+95ms ║║Executed virtual command sendSMSNotification (16ms)
+98ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (36ms)
+99ms ╚Event processed successfully (98ms)

If you are outside of the U.S. --> SmartThings recently stopped SMS for all users except for those in the U.S. There are a few work-arounds that can be found in the following thread…

I am inn the US.

In the USA, there is a hard limit to the number of daily SMS sent… Anything beyond that is lost forever… I believe a new day will reset that count, but not sure what time zone constitutes a “new day”…

I am in EST. My pistons send a dozen to 20 push notifications, but never more that 25-30. I only send SMS are alerts, so maybe 1 or 2 a week, so that doesn’t seem likely I am hitting any limit. I would need to seem some proof to believe that was the issue.

I get 10-20 SMS a day with no problem… I think the daily limit is 50

Just for kicks, can you try editing that phone number to another family member? I have seen certain numbers get blocked occasionally.

Been there done that. I had three phone numbers ph # field in the piston. I tried adding my son’s number as I had not used it before. That didn’t work either. I tried putting a one in front of the numbers … no joy. But you raise an interesting point, I will try my mom’s number as I have never used it.

I found the problem! On September 29th I recieved a text from ST containing the message:
“Text yes to join SmartThings account alerts.” I’m not sure why i got this message as I’ve been receiving texts for over a year?!? I replied yes and got all of the test messages I sent the last two days. I checked my wife’s and son’s phones and both received the same text. Replying ‘yes’ fixed the problem!

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Everyone in the U.S. has experienced this. It was In the thread I posted above. With the change in SMS, ST required everyone to respond with yes in order to opt in and to continue receiving messages… or to send a text to a specific number to opt in.

I obviously wasn’t paying attention when I thought I read that post.