Sports Scoreboard (American Football for now)

tiles

Yes you are correct, typing on my tablet late at night, bad idea.

It doesn’t appear that all of your subsequent pistons executed or are still in process of drawing new tiles? The clue is that they are still gold, usually indicating a score change. When you first run the piston the score goes from blank to 0 so it thinks there was a change. Your subsequent B pistons have not run a second time.

Did you receive any error when executing Piston A?

Pretty sure I did not but I will run it again to verify

The only other issues I could see
Piston Bs got paused somehow?
Piston A is no longer pointing to each Piston B
Piston A isn’t sending all the desired arguments
*I know the last two are very unlikely as you woul dnot have gotten the tiles initially but just brainstorming here, hopefully that section still looks like this:

Just ran it again and it populated the rest of the tiles. Maybe I was too itchy on the trigger the first time to reset the time interval? Not sure. Eitherway, looks good now!

Awesome

Note for everyone, the updated Piston is now shown in the initial post.

Finally got the tiles working for NFL, but it looks to be repeating itself a few times:

At the top of each B Piston, there is a variable tilePistonNumber. Make sure that each is unique. Your first B Piston should have a tilePistonNumber of 1. Second B Piston should have a tilePistonNumber of 2. Third =3, Fourth =4.

Once you’ve updated those, rerun the A Piston.

First of all, great implementation. Very nice interface and easy to set up. For data points, I think you have picked all the right options. Alerts at the end of each period (quarter) and end of game I think would be great.

On your instructions up top, Overall very clear but webcore didn’t ask me for any piston names. It only asked for the url which I ignored as you said. Then I neglected to go in and edit each call to the pistons. They were filled in with links to non-existed pistons. Once I updated them to my 4 B pistons, everything was OK. Had to think about it for a second but the last call appeared to be back to the A piston so I edited that as well. Suggest you make it clearer in your instructions about editing the A [piston to link to all the B pistons and back to itself.

Again, thanks for this. Appears to be working although who knows what kind of football season we will have this year. ugh

Gauge tiles not showing correctly

Thanks. I had considered adding alerts but decided against it for the moment. Given that the data is only as accurate as of the last API call, there would be a delay in any alert. And the piston is quite large already so I was concerned some users wouldn’t be able to install. The workaround would be a third piston to drive the notifications.

I am actually playing around with another Piston that would be for an individual team which would include more detail and alerts with escalating frequency of API calls based on status.

I made some edits in the original post, thanks for pointing that out.

At this point, I’ll take anything

After the first NFL game, my dashboard shows repeated KC logos throughout the grid. Any idea why?

Thanks for posting, I noticed this as well. Working on an update, as I originally noted, some data points were assumed based on limited documentation. Now that we have live games, i’ll be able to adjust and repost, hopefully tomorrow.

The pistons have been updated in the original post, I had to add some extra logic to get the images to appear correctly. You will have to re-create the scoreboard. I did the update last night during the game in hopes of catching all the data points. Please let me know if anything else looks odd. This is what I am seeing currently.

thx for this. I don’t see this display correctly on Safari browser. Specifically the logos don’t show up.

With the updated Piston A, your instructions need to be updated:

• Lines 119-122 are now lines 134-137
  • Line 128 is now line 145

I just replaced the Piston A in my instance and will give it some time to update and let you know how it looks.

There is actually a discreprancy between the screenshot and actual piston lines. I updated the instructions to match the screenshot.

I made changes to both, just making sure you updated both.

Do you see an image placeholder? Or just a blank tile?

Unfortunately I don’t have a MAC to test on. The logo addresses are pulled directly from the api (direct links to espn’s logos). They should be available for everyone.

I just realized that both pistons needed to be updated. So I just deleted all 5 and started over. I now see the scoreboard as it should be! This is awesome! Thanks!

The line numbers I put in my previous note were the actual line numbers in my WC piston when I added it from your backup code.

@fieldsjm I just installed the scoreboard without any problems. any update on the Piston that lets you pick a team to monitor? I think it would be cool if Alexa could cheer when your team scores. or the lights blink or something.

Isolating a specific team from the scoreboard would be difficult as the pistons are already quite ‘chunky’.

I posted a standalone piston below that still uses the ESPN API, just different endpoints. Also, it isn’t limited to football. The posted version only sends push notifications (pregame, score alerts, and final alert). This can be easily updated to announce via Echo, Google, or other speaker depending on each individuals setup.