Stringify refugee struggling

1) Give a description of the problem
hello everyone, im coming over from stringify and just cant seem to get anything working the way i would like. This piston does not trigger at all and i think it has to do with the temp rquest

2) What is the expected behaviour?
when the outside temp is equal to or lower than the temp of the thermostat, if the lamp is off-turn it on and flash it a few times. if the lamp is already on and being used, turn the color to blue. i would then like the thermostat to turn off so we can open the windows

3) What is happening/not happening?
nothing is happenng. i tried to simplify it and have just the "time is after 5 pm " portion and it still didnt fire.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!)
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
5/12/2019, 11:22:46 AM +130ms
+1ms â•”Received event [Home].test = 1557685366129 with a delay of 0ms
+189ms â•‘RunTime Analysis CS > 26ms > PS > 142ms > PE > 22ms > CE
+193ms â•‘Runtime (38654 bytes) successfully initialized in 142ms (v0.3.10a.20190223) (190ms)
+195ms â•‘â•”Execution stage started
+219ms â•‘â•‘Comparison (time) 40966334 is_after (time) 61200000 = false (12ms)
+222ms â•‘â•‘Condition #1 evaluated false (18ms)
+223ms â•‘â•‘Condition group #null evaluated false (state did not change) (21ms)
+225ms â•‘â•‘Piston execution aborted due to restrictions in effect
+238ms â•‘â•‘Comparison (string) ONLINE is (string) Off = false (2ms)
+255ms â•‘â•‘Comparison (string) ONLINE is (string) on = false (3ms)
+269ms â•‘â•šExecution stage complete. (75ms)
+271ms â•šEvent processed successfully (271ms)

Clear

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Try changing $status to switch, and time is inbetween 5pm and sunrise say.

thank you very much for replying- i can see the powerful potential of webcore but right now its a steep learning curve for me. i changed both the status on and status off to switch on and off as well as changing time to between 5pm and sunrise but i dont think it changed much. just to verify, i temporarily changed the time to 12pm to sunrise and the temp to greater than or equal to thermostat temp as to test but it did not fire. here is the log with the conditions back to how i want them (time and temp wise). is the bold in the log a fail state?
5/12/2019, 1:01:56 PM +901ms
+0ms â•”Received event [Home].test = 1557691316900 with a delay of 0ms
+98ms â•‘RunTime Analysis CS > 15ms > PS > 62ms > PE > 22ms > CE
+101ms â•‘Runtime (38978 bytes) successfully initialized in 62ms (v0.3.10a.20190223) (100ms)
+103ms â•‘â•”Execution stage started
+143ms ║║Comparison (time) 46917009 is_between (time) 61200000 … (time) 1557665340000 = false (15ms)
+145ms â•‘â•‘Condition #1 evaluated false (37ms)
+147ms â•‘â•‘Condition group #null evaluated false (state did not change) (39ms)
+148ms â•‘â•‘Piston execution aborted due to restrictions in effect
+161ms â•‘â•‘Comparison (enum) off is (string) off = true (2ms)
+178ms â•‘â•‘Comparison (enum) off is (string) on = false (2ms)
+188ms â•‘â•šExecution stage complete. (86ms)
+190ms â•šEvent processed successfully (191ms)

Clear

Full

I’ve just seen, should be bulb switch CHANGES to off, that’s a trigger…
“Is off” wouldn’t trigger anything.

i’m trying to see what you want to trigger
bulb changes to off, then turn bulb on doesn’t make sense.
you could move your temp change down into the IF.
If temp DROPS to or is equal to X
and bulb is off
THEN turn bulb on.

ive seen in videos moving things around by grabbing the arrows but i cant seem to move the temp to an IF. am i missing something?
edit: also i just turned the lamp on to see if the turn it blue portion would work and i get no yellow in the log but there is a red block in front of “lamps switch is off” under the first if. it did not fire the blue portion of the piston.

It sounds like you’re very new to webCoRE, my advice would be to first create some very simple pistons, get them to work, look at the examples section, and import other people’s pistons via backup codes, and you’ll get there.

Believe me, i have spent dozens of hours on webcore already and do have a few things working and have already looked at the forums so many times. Perhaps its just too complicated for me. Thank you for responding

what is your intention with {$location}'s temperature is greater than or equal to thermostat 1’s temperature??

that was just testing my current conditions. ideally, it is a less than or equal to where if the outside temp is less than or equal to my thermostats current reporting temp, then the light flashes if it is off or turns blue if it was already on

I don’t believe what you have will work. You will need to get your outside temp from a device or service but {$location} will not work

lol, i believe you are correct. is there some documentation on polling current outside temps?

there are some weather apps you should check out and see which works best for you. there is weather station, accuweather and a few other custom apps. Some thermostats offer outside temps such as Nest.

I currently use acuweather in smartthings but when i imported all my devices over to webcore, acuweather doesnt show in my devices. Are you saying i can use acuweather and just missed importing it? I keep reading about $twcweather and a recent change and assumed that was the only option

accuweather should appear in --> which temperature sensors

yes, you can use those in expressions

Thank you so much for sparking that thought! I feel like im close to understanding better and little things like that often get missed by me. Now it alteast turns blue though it skips the if its off turn it on and just goes to blue

so i have taken the flashing out as it was annoying but now i cannot turn the white light off (lamp initially off state) with alexa unless i pause the piston and if the light is on when i test, it does not turn blue as intended. any thoughts?

Here is a decent write up covering dragging & dropping code.

thank you for that WCmore though at this point i think my issues have changed. now it just flashes white non stop like its in a loop and does not turn off and send the sms. if the lamp is already on, the blue never initiates. if anyone has a better idea of how to accomplish this im all ears