$twcweather Observations

weather

You rock, @dejavux2!! :+1:

TWC_Weather has been updated…

Side Note:

A new thread was created to focus on the $twcweather.Alerts.

Both of these weather data gatherings are ongoing, and can be run at the same time if you feel like contributing.

Thank you! I will contribute when we have alerts.

For those following this thread, you may be happy to hear…
I have added a new page to the wiki to list all of the weather alerts that we know about.

$twcweather wiki seems a little vague regarding temperature values. Are they Celsius or Fahrenheit? Is there a method to set it one way or the other? Are decimal values possible? Just looking for some clarification.

Thanks

That wiki page is all that we know at this time…
(hence, the reason for this thread to gather more data)

So far, every temperature I have seen under $twcweather has been a whole number… I am in the US, so it is based on Fahrenheit. If you are elsewhere, it might be Celsius, and it may be decimals. (You’ll have to check) I suspect those results depends on the weather source for your location. (more testing required)

An easy way to see the results for your location:
At the bottom of any piston (not in edit mode) you should see an Evaluation Console. You can change ‘Value’ to ‘Expression’, and then type this command:
$twcweather.conditions.temperature
to instantly see the results for your location.

temp

This is an easy way to know if your location uses Celsius or Fahrenheit, and whether it uses integers or decimals.

Let us know your observations, and I will update the Wiki

Anything to report @tgm?

Edit:
Really, anyone outside the US can run this quick test in about 5 seconds…

I’m in South Africa. We’re on the metric system.
($twcweather.forecast.temperatureMax[0]) returns (dynamic) 16, which is the temperature in Celsius.
$twcweather.conditions.temperature also returns (dynamic) 16. (Looks like the forecast for today was spot on because it is at the moment probably at warm as it will get today.)

Edit: Some more info:
$twcweather.conditions.windSpeed gives the current wind speed in km/h at my location.
$twcweather.conditions.visibility appears to provide the visibility in kilometers ((dynamic) 9.66)

$twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].narrative > (dynamic) [Mostly sunny. High 16C. Winds SW at 15 to 30 km/h., Clear skies. Low around 0C. Winds S at 10 to 15 km/h., A mainly sunny sky. High 21C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 km/h., Clear. Low 2C. Winds light and variable., A mainly sunny sky. High 24C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 km/h., Clear skies. Low 4C. Winds light and variable., Sunny skies. High 26C. NNE winds shifting to WNW at 15 to 25 km/h., A mostly clear sky. Low near 5C. Winds light and variable., Sunny along with a few clouds. High 27C. Winds NW at 15 to 25 km/h., A few clouds. Low 7C. Winds E at 10 to 15 km/h., Partly cloudy. High 24C. N winds shifting to WSW at 15 to 25 km/h., Clear to partly cloudy. Low 8C. S winds shifting to E at 15 to 25 km/h., Mainly sunny. High 23C. Winds N at 15 to 25 km/h., Clear skies. Low 6C. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 km/h., Mainly sunny. High 23C. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 km/h., A mostly clear sky. Low 7C. Winds NE at 10 to 15 km/h., Sunny skies. High around 25C. Winds N at 10 to 15 km/h., Clear skies. Low near 10C. Winds light and variable., Sunny skies. High 28C. Winds NW at 10 to 15 km/h., Clear skies. Low 11C. Winds light and variable., Mainly sunny. High 29C. Winds NW at 10 to 15 km/h., A mostly clear sky. Low 12C. Winds light and variable., Mainly sunny. High 29C. Winds NW at 15 to 30 km/h., Mainly clear early, then a few clouds later on. Low around 10C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 km/h., Mainly sunny. High 27C. Winds NW at 15 to 30 km/h., Mostly clear. Low near 10C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 km/h., Partly cloudy skies. High 26C. Winds NW at 15 to 30 km/h., Partly cloudy skies. Low 9C. Winds W at 10 to 15 km/h., Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High around 25C. Winds WNW at 15 to 30 km/h., Clear skies. Low 9C. Winds SW at 10 to 15 km/h.]

Anything else you would like to see?

Thank you for testing and confirming, @949BFN

My latest puzzle could use a few more testers, if you are willing.

I fortunately in the same boat as what you are - I live in an area where we never get weather alerts.

Does anyone know what the conditions values are for snow related conditions?

Too soon to say, but I suspect it will be found under:

• $twcweather.conditions.wxPhraseLong
  • $twcweather.conditions.wxPhraseMedium
  • $twcweather.conditions.wxPhraseShort

(once we have the right conditions)

Please post your findings here, and I will update the Wiki for all of our benefits.

You can also type in the Expression box at the bottom of any piston:
$twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseLong
to see the next 15 days forecast.

Depending on your location, there may be a reference to “snow” there…

(that command returns 30 dataPoints, at 12 hours each)

We are about to get some winter weather tomorrow, so I may have new items to add.

I’m collecting a few as our weather goes on. Don’t want to post one at a time.

We’ve already had “Rain/Snow”, “Snow” and “Snow/Wind”

Ok, here are my latest:

$twcweather.conditions.wxPhraseLong:
“Rain/Snow”
“Fozen Rain Mix”
“Snow/Wind”
“Snow Shower”
“Snow Shower/Wind”

$twcweather.conditions.wxPhraseMedium:
“Rain/Snow”
“Ice/Snow”
“Snow/Wind”
“Snow Shower”
“Snow Shower/Wind”

$twcweather.conditions.wxPhraseShort:
“Rain/Snow”
“Ice/Snow”
“Snow Shower”
“Snow/Wind”

Thanks @dejavux2!! I will update the page in the near future…
(I am going to assume that “Fozen” is “Frozen”)

The Wiki page has now been updated…

Keep those new dataPoints coming!

Haven’t you ever heard of Fozen Rain? lol…

Fankly, no, I haven’t… :rofl: