Use Galaxy s8+ as a speaker?

I would like to have WC announce the status of my home (think Ask Alexa) to my phone using google assistant or maybe Autotools instead of just a push notification or text. Is this possible?

Look up LANNouncer in the SmartThings Community.

I currently use Lannouncer but even though I have my Galaxy as a speaker it doesn’t pass any of the audio to it

I have my Galaxy S8+ set up and it does get the audio passed to it by LANNouncer. Check your setup. Make sure you have a static IP assigned to your S8+ and port forwarding to port 1035. What does the Live logging indicate when you try to send audio to the S8+? Any errors? Does it look successful?

The logs show it is successful but no sound.

??? Try

http://www.keybounce.com/LANdroidHowTo/LANdroid.html

@scottma61 I have my old NOTE 3 on a counter at home with a local static IP… sound works great from connected bluetooth speaker. Outside of getting my mobile S7 to receive sound via text though LANNouncer, is there any other way you know of? Getting it to speak works, but getting text notifications is a pain in the ass, so I stopped it.

I followed all the steps. It works with Big Talker just not with WebCore. Cannot figure it out.