webCoRE iOS Application Crash when Adding Presence Sensor

Hello guys,

I am new here and hoping I am posting in the right place but I am looking to get the webCoRE Presence Sensor working on my iPhone 5 running on the latest version of iOS 10, think it is 10.3.3.

I have set my various locations first and then I have gone to set up the Sensor but as soon as I go to apply the name, it doesn’t go no further, the application will crash. A close of the app and trying to launch app again results in crashing out again.

I can delete the app, download it again from the App Store and the app will work again and if I try adding the Sensor again, a duplicate is created in SmartThings.

I know in ActionTiles, I go to add the webCoRE Presence Sensor and it has a Question Mark over it. So it is as if the Sensor is broken. The iPhone must be trying to connect with SmartThings just before the crash out. The device ID is there and since I last added a Sensor from phone, I have left it be rather than download the app again. Last night it reported that webCoRE was running in the background and tracking location which is right but the application does not do anything.

Please help.

I have checked the details against the Sensor in SmartThings app and it will just say Present and Asleep. No data tracking on the Sensor at all.

Have you updated your WebCORE presence sensor dth in IDE since this weekend? There was an update that was released that fixes the issues you posted. :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I did see that webCoRE needed an update with the Device Handler on the weekend and done the update from repo so my local version matches the one from source.

It fixes the problem I had when I tried to view information on the webCoRE Presence Sensor in the SmartThings app so that issue is solved with that app not crashing anymore.

The problem remains with the webCoRE app I have paid for and downloaded from the App Store. That one crashes out whenever I try and launch it. It is as if the Sensor has been created since it is there in SmartThings but it does not report any change of location. Before that fix was applied, I could not see properties of the Sensor at all, SmartThings would crash then as well. There is nothing in my logs on SmartThings to suggest any communication since the Sensor was created.

Any ideas? @ady624

Help or advice much appreciated.

I purchased the App for £2.99 from the UK App Store if that makes any difference. It doesn’t bother me that I paid for the app as I see it as a way of supporting the developer and getting something in addition to what is standard at the same time. I would prefer for the webCoRE Presence Sensor to work on my phone or even if there is another way around it.

At the moment I am using Life360 to achieve something which is triggering text notification based on location. I read that the webCoRE Presence Sensor does it better and is not subscription based as it would be with Life360 for anything more than 2 locations.

What iOS version are you using? I will try and figure out the issue. Sorry for the trouble

Hello @ady624

I have the webCoRE app installed on iPhone5 running on iOS 10.3.3.

Unfortunately that is the last version of iOS that the iPhone5 will take. If there is another way around it to get the webCoRE Presence Sensor working on my iPhone5, I’m all for it. Your work is much appreciated. I spend evenings reading what I can do next with webCoRE and have a play around to see what I can come up with as I expand on my Smart Home system.

I was aware of the SmartThings app crashing as well but I have that fix applied already. It would only crash for me if I tried to open the webCoRE Presence Sensor. It doesn’t do that on SmartThings app now, but it just doesn’t update my location and thinks the sensor is Home always, and Away.

The webCoRE iOS app just crashes on launch. If there is no webCoRE Presence Sensor set up in the app, so if it was deleted and re-installed, it would work fine till the point of setting up Sensor.

Please let me know if I can assist further in your investigation as to why it may be crashing out.

I’ll need to see if I can emulte that OS version. Does presence work even with the crashed app?

Unfortunately not. Is there any other way to set the phone as a Presence sensor with webCoRE?

@ady624, did you manage to emulate iOS 10.3.3 and if so, did you manage to replicate the issue with the application crashing for me after the Presence Sensor has been set up?

@kosmos5457 no, not yet, sorry, been stomped lately. Will try my best tonight.

You could use the ST Vanilla one in the mean time and use it with WebCore … I know … not a great solution but it will work :frowning:

Would the standard SmartThings one tell when I am not located at home though?

Kind of thing I am looking to achieve is give my wife notification when I am in set locations.

So for example, when I arrive at work which Life360 seems to let me do one location which is remote to Home.

I may want to have it notify my wife when I reach my daughters school to drop her off in the mornings. It just lets her know my daughter has got to school fine and I have then arrived at work fine and notifies her when I leave work too. I don’t think it is a notification I would want on all the time, but it could be useful in some cases.

No the vanilla one only says if you are at home or not AFAIK