Webcore sent a password reset verification

But I did not initiate a password change. Is someone trying to hack my account?

Your account is a week old, and unverified, so you are unlikely to be targeted by a hacker.
I would go thru your emails from 7 days ago, and verify your account properly.

temp

Hmm, the only email I have is the “Confirm your new account” email. (And I thought I clicked that link).

Is there a way to resend the verification?

Probably, but I am not sure where exactly.

Keep in mind there are three accounts technically:

that can all be different emails and passwords.

According to the admin logs your forum profile triggered a ‘forgot password’ request 15 hours ago, the same time as a ‘IpSpoofAttackError’ on the platform generally (that was blocked).

Are you using VPN’s or anything else to change / hide your IP?

I will force a reset of your profile activation and force log-out all active sessions.

You will receive another reset email, please chose a different password just to be safe.

Also, you will have received a PM from me on the ST forum, asking you to verify your username (hence the orange banner you are currently displaying), please log in there and respond as directed.

Update - IpSpoofAttackError is unrelated, timings are out by 24 hours (my bad) and they appear to happen all the time, forum is designed to block them automatically.

It just looks like the ‘forgot password’ link was clicked by someone… harmless so long as nobody has access to your email account.

I forgot about that account in my previous post. Thanks for the reminder

For some of us you also forgot:

ActionTiles
Nest
Amazon
Google
Blue Iris
IP cameras

Good thing I’m security lapse and use the same password everywhere lol

Those were intentionally left out though, since I think it’s safe to assume that an email from them would not ever mention webCoRE. (so a thread would not be created here) :wink: