Webhook help for MotionEye software

I have a hacked Wyze cam that is streaming rtsp. I have setup OpenEye on a Pi 3 to act as my video recorder.

So the MotionEye software can send motion events out in various ways. I’m looking to learn how to connect it’s output to Webcore. I’m not sure what I am going to use it for yet.

I’m still working on the MotionEye settings and thought I might as well set up a connection possibly to notify me of when the system see motion via a text through Webcore or something along those lines.

Just a bread crumb to get me going in the right direction would be appreciated.

You can set up a piston that can parse the webhook data that openeye can send. This example is just a piston that can be called via a URL. The URL to call is in the Quick Facts.

Depending on what data the openeye webhook can send, you can probably get more detailed data out of the motion alert.

Best way to get information from outside Webcore to charge conditions of a piston?

Thanks for the reply, I had finally stumbled onto another thread where someone was doing something similar.

With that and your answer I think I’m all over it.
Unfortunately I’m not experienced or smart enough to understand how it works, but I think I can make it work.

Gotta go Google (self educate) on what get, or post via different options means. I think I need to select get in OpenEye. I’ll figure it out.

Thanks again for helping me.

Is there an online manual for openeye? I did a quick look yesterday and didn’t find anything, was curious about the webcall.

Sorry was a typo.

I am trying to use MotionEye OS on a pi 3b+.

The webhook has worked great, as for the rest I am still working on it.