What does this symbol mean?

1) Give a description of the problem
Inexperience!

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
Can anyone tell me what this symbol means and how webcore would handle it? It looks like an “up arrow” or a small house. :slight_smile: In the screen shot it is next to $status and areamode. Unable to search for it without knowing what it is named. Thanks.

Aha. Custom attribute. Now I can search. Thanks!

Yes, and no.

WebCoRE has details of a considerable number of capabilities hard coded into it. That was once a comprehensive list and so the icon did (mostly) represent custom attributes, that is to say those added to device handlers with an ‘attribute’ command.

That was quite a while ago. ST has moved on and there are now more than two hundred capabilities and a number of those with the same name differ in detail to those embedded in webCoRE. So the icon represents attributes that webCoRE doesn’t recognise as belonging to any of the capabilities it knows about.

So you’ll see attributes like ‘occupancy’ from the Occupancy Sensor capability which webCoRE doesn’t know about, and the additional attribute ‘supportedButtonValues’ from the Button capability which has expanded somewhat. You’ll also see attributes from custom capabilities, and yes you’ll see the odd custom attribute that hasn’t been converted.

‘$status’ is a special case, by the way. That is a special system attribute that evaluates as ‘getStatus()’, which is the connection status shown for devices in the IDE.

Thanks for the additional info. I was trying to see if I could use areamode as a trigger - no luck. Just getting the value was intermittent at best. Well, it was worth a shot! Thanks again.